I don't get this girl. Does she like me or am I imagining this?

mbsrules

I was on a team-building trip with a few colleagues over the weekend and one of the girls there gave me some signs that she likes me... but I am also really confused because I don't have any experience with girls... so please help me out good people of loveshack.

I am 25, she is 28. I joined the organisation 3 months ago while she has been working there for 3 years but I earn like ~50% more than her. I don't think working in the same organisation would be a problem though, I haven't met her so far at work, it's a big institution... like 500 people.

So anyway... I knew she was going to drive me and one other guy friend of mine to this other town for the trip and about 10 minutes into the trip she said she doesn't have a boyfriend and asked us if we are seeing someone. Me and my friend both said no.. and then she asked me how come I don't have a girlfriend.. she didn't ask my friend.. it sounded like 'you are attractive how come are you single'.. even though I do not consider myself attractive. Then during the trip she was very touchy-feely with me. She touched/grabbed my hand like 10 times during the trip, my knee a few times and my face once. Like half of those were 'by accident' but the others were definitely not.. the face was not.. a few times she 'checked to see if I am hot/cold' because I got a slight sun burn and the air conditioning was working in the car. At no point did I complain about being hot/cold so I think she was just using it as an excuse. She did not touch my friend at all during the trip and she touched me like 10 times and we 3 were all together for most of the trip. Like 10 people including us hanged out one night, she initially sat opposite of me, but like 10 seconds later sat next to me 'because she did not want to face the light'. I called it a night at around 2 am because I was really tired and apparently she went to sleep 15 minutes later whereas the rest of the people stayed until 3.30-4am.

Our conversations in the car (the 3 of us travelled together for like 12 hours during the trip) also left me feeling like she was interested in me. She asked me lots of questions about me, my family etc., she didn't ask my friend that many questions and a few times she literally stopped the radio in the car to hear what I was saying. Plus a few times she complained/emphasized that she was single and was kind of saying what a good girlfriend she would be... etc. She also called me а word which in English translates to something like 'dear/cute/kind'

These were the good signs... however some of the things she said made me feel that I am just imagining this. I am 25 and she is 28 and she said all her boyfriends were ~10 older than her. The last one lied to her about his age, told her he was 42 while he was actually 50... though she said he had an amazing muscular body. Plus he is a millionaire... I do incredibly well for my age, I recently graduated from an Ivy/Oxbridge and job-wise I do better than 99% of the people my age in my country... but still I can't compete with guys 20 years my senior... I am really mature for my age and I have achieved more than her despite being younger education and job wise but I can't be more mature than guys who can be my or her father.... Plus I am not a millionaire and my body is far from amazing. She said she was not with him for his money, even said the money made her feel uncomfortable and she had some fights with him because he was trying to pay for her gas, etc. But of course she will say this, no girl is ever going to admit that the money attracted her. Her other boyfriends were a ski instructor and a policeman so probably they were also in great shape.. plus all her boyfriends had these outdoors-y cool jobs... my job is also really cool, way cooler than her but still I work in a office. She also said that I was really naive about some things... despite also saying that I was really 'intelligent, ambitious, good mannered, etc'. Obviously these are good qualities, but I don't think her saying this is a good sign.

So...

tldr: went on a trip with a colleague of mine, I'm 25 and she is 28, she gave me some signs that she likes me, but she dates guys 10-20 years her senior, and her last boyfriend was a millionaire... I am left wondering why would she go out with me when I am younger than her and a bit chubby while her last boyfriend was a millionaire playboy...

Edited by mbsrules

Sounds like you have a lot of self esteem problems.

You probably should work that out before going out with anyone then

• Like 1

She obviously like you. She'll be

More interested if you did the hot and cold act with her. I mean act cold then be interested in her for a while then act cold again......

lavenderlove
She obviously like you. She'll be

More interested if you did the hot and cold act with her. I mean act cold then be interested in her for a while then act cold again......

This explains why many of us have so much trouble...

All I read was blah, blah, blah... I'm too scared to ask her out.

Why would she want to go out with you when you are already disqualifying yourself?

Gather your testicular fortitude and just ask her out and be over with it. Then you'll REALLY know. I wish people would stop being so afraid of rejection... regret is a lot worse.

• Like 2
This explains why many of us have so much trouble...

The push and pull method is very effective BUT you have to know what you are doing. Not for the inexperienced like said poster.

Edited by smackie9