to make a relation ship work, do you have to play games

dadreamer1

i m seeing this guy for two months who never spends any money or takes me out. all we do is you know what and has me pay for all our meals and my cab rides. he complains that he is broke but manages to go out with his friends every weekend. lately hes been spending less time w/ me. i think hes seeing someone else.

when i tried to break it off he accused me of treating him like a piece of meat and said that it was obvious that he likes me more than i like him. he said if he cant have me in a romantic way than he doesnt want my friendship. i took back my words and he still not attentive.

i like this guy but i feel that hes playing games. im starting to play games and find tactics to play w/ him and get him to be more committed or interested in me.when i act distance he acts more attentive. what should i do? aside from all this, he is a caring and a genuine person.

all we do is you know what and has me pay for all our meals and my cab rides. he complains that he is broke but manages to go out with his friends every weekend.

This is really disrespectful. If he has enough to go out with his friends on weekends, then he has enough to take you to dinner at Taco Bell and a matinee movie on Sunday.

he complains that he is broke but manages to go out with his friends every weekend

He sounds extremely immature. With men, and everyone else in general, actions speak louder then words. What he says doesn't match what he does, so what he's doing probably speaks his true feelings towards you.

think hes seeing someone else.

Oh? And what makes you think that? Perhaps he is just busy. Do you have proof?

when i tried to break it off he accused me of treating him like a piece of meat and said that it was obvious that he likes me more than i like him. he said if he cant have me in a romantic way than he doesnt want my friendship

No matter how long, or how short of a time youve been dating, the friendship is the most important part of the relationship, well, right next to sex. ;) Just joking. It sounds like he is all "my way or the high way."

He wants to treat you like crap, then guilt you into staying with him. He sounds like a creatin.

i took back my words and he still not attentive.

Of course he's not. He's not afraid of you leaving him, really. He knows that he can just guilt you back into being with him. He thinks that he can treat you however he wants to.

what should i do?

Dump him. lol.

There are better men out there. This one is a dud.

Dump him. lol.

There are better men out there. This one is a dud.

ditto

Sounds to me like he's using you for a free ride & the occassional free meal.

On a more serious note - it also sounds like he's good at manipulation - the longer you stay with this the more trapped you'll become. Get out while the going is good.

If he can spend money when he's with his friends, but not with you then he's not worth the effort of figuring out what his deal is. Move on and find a real man who is interested in making you happy for a change!

On a more serious note - it also sounds like he's good at manipulation - the longer you stay with this the more trapped you'll become. Get out while the going is good.

So true! I went to therapy and found out that being abused is like placing a frog into a boiling pot of water. If you just throw the frog in, he will try to jump out to try to save his life. However, if you put the frog in water that is cold, then warm it up until it is boiling, it will not jump out, and it will die, because the change was so gradual that it doesn't realize the danger that it is in.

I FEEL LIKE I AM ON THE SAME BOAT I'VE BEEN SEEING THIS GUY FOR 2 MONTH AND THE SEX IS INCREDIBLE I SERIOUSLY CAN NOT COMPLAIN IN THAT ASPECT BUT HE NEW I WASN'T A H@E WHEN WE STARTED SEEING EACH OTHER I GUESS TO HIM I IS

WHEN WE FIRST STARTED THE FIRST COUPLE OF WEEKS HE WAS CONSTANTLY CALLING ME ATTENTIVE WITH ME THAT IVE NEEDED FOR YRS

NOW HE CALLS THE DAY BEFORE HE WANTS ME OVER

I KNOW HE IS SEEING SOMEONE CUZ LAST WEEK WHEN I WAS OVER I WENT TO THE BATHROOM I SAW AN OPEN CONDOM RIGHT ON TOP OF THE TRASH WHICH MEANS HE HAD JUST USED IT WHEN I ASKED HIM ABOUT IT HE SUAR IT WASN;T HIM IT WAS HIS BOYWRIGHT I WAS BORN YESTERDAY

WHAT IS REALLY RETARDED IS THAT I THINK THAT I AM STARTING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM OH NO

GET AWAY FROM HIM. CHANGE YOUR PHONE NUMBER IF YOU HAVE TO---GEE, YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE SAVING MONEY IN THE LONG RUN AND BETTER YET--------YOUR SANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, dear...

Netalia