How to cancel a date with someone you want to see again?

Hungup123

Weird question, but I've been on two dates with someone who I'm getting along with pretty well. I'm at about a 65% interest level with her and would like to continue seeing her, but have other dates during the week lined up that I have high hopes for as well.

After our time together yesterday she wants to see me again tonight. I've already made prior plans, but I don't want to come off as cold or using a silly canned excuse. She's already said "I have a hard time reading you and getting mixed signals" etc, so I feel any blatant excuse will come off as me not interested at all.

Just curious if anyone could give me some advice on a nice response that'll still keep her around :)

just be honest and tell her you have other plans

if you want to see her again, then pick another day that works for both of you.

• Like 1
  • Author
just be honest and tell her you have other plans

if you want to see her again, then pick another day that works for both of you.

Thanks, I feel that's what I'll inevitably need to do, but it it wont be until next Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. I suppose my biggest concern is that as much fun as we were having, if I go cold and can't see her for almost week how that will register and if she starts to ask questions like "omg why so long".

• Author

Well I told her I'd already made plans to catch up with an old friend tonight. Which is true in a way, so in case she sees me out on the town :)

Then I said I wasn't sure about the weekend, but asked if she was free on Monday or Tuesday.

I think that sounds fair enough

IMO, if canceling in this manner include a specific rescheduling, both date/time and date idea, in the communication. As appropriate, apologize for the cancelation. Leave it at that. If it works out, it does.