should I have given her my number?

quidproquo89

quidproquo89

Went to the bank today, and the cashier was chatting me up, she asked me how my day was going, and what my plans were. Where I was going on holiday - smiling a lot etc.

I ended up passing my number through the counter and I said ''have a good day'', but I didn't say hey, here's my number if you want to chat again. So in hindsight maybe a odd way to do it. She may of even not looked at it thinking I was passing her unwanted paper/rubbish.

What would you have done in my situation? Made a point of returning a couple of times over the coming weeks to strike up convo? Is it even ok to give/ask for the number of somebody you've just met?

• Author
quidproquo89

the question really is that we meet a lot of people in our lives and I'd (we) would like to be opportunists. So, if a girl (guy) takes interest in us, gives us a smile - we would immediately like to see where this goes.

However if you feel you might not see this person again to create rapport - can you ask for their number there and then.

Today was an example of that. What should I have done? gave her my number, asked for hers? (despite her being at work and behind a counter) or blindly hope I would see her again? :)

deathandtaxes

Seize the day!! I think you already know you should have been more assertive in giving your phone number to her. You should have been 'hey, can I have your number, I'd like to text you sometime'. It may work. It may not. But that's life man! It's full of risks.

• Like 2
  • Author
quidproquo89
Seize the day!! I think you already know you should have been more assertive in giving your phone number to her. You should have been 'hey, can I have your number, I'd like to text you sometime'. It may work. It may not. But that's life man! It's full of risks.

I may well need to cash another cheque in a couple of weeks so maybe ha ha

• Like 1

I like this a lot better than you slipping her your number with no explanation. It's a passive aggressive way to go about things and, for me, it would be a turn-off.

Why can't you just say, Would you like to have a drink (or coffee or whatever) sometime?

• Like 1
  • Author
quidproquo89
I like this a lot better than you slipping her your number with no explanation. It's a passive aggressive way to go about things and, for me, it would be a turn-off.

Why can't you just say, Would you like to have a drink (or coffee or whatever) sometime?

it was definitely not right to not say anything, I agree.

I would probably want someone's number before a meeting though

it was definitely not right to not say anything, I agree.

I would probably want someone's number before a meeting though

Sure. But you ask her to coffee and she says yes and then you ask for her number so you can set it up or confirm it or whatever.

• Like 1