She got angry because I said no to sex

Medium.Lumo

Medium.Lumo

My girlfriend got angry when I said no. We were about to watch Walking Dead season 4 which I still haven't got a chance to see when she decided we should rather have sex. I said no because we already had sex twice in the morning.

She got up and went out of the room and then came back and shouted at me and told me I am a terrible boyfriend and that she never rejects me. I told her I just wanted to chill and watch. She said I didn't take her feelings into account.

So she left again and went to the spare bedroom. I went in to try to talk it out but she gave me the silent treatment. So I went back to the room and played a game for about 20 minutes then she came back and apologised.

We made peace but unbelievably she still wanted to have sex... so we did.

What she said is hurtful. I'm not really sure how to take her words or behaviour.

It sounds like sex is not the isseu here, rather communication. Maybe she was "rejected" in the past by an ex and your "rejection" brought up some bad feelings?

You're just gonna have to learn to multitask with this girl. You CAN pet the kitty while watching Walking Dead.

Honestly, tho, I'm just going to let the regulars step in and talk to your about her selfishness. Again.

• Like 7

This is getting so old. This is the one that messed up your car and home, moved in within a week, controls your whereabouts, gets jealous, and who knows what else?

You made a choice to be with her because she is hot and sweet and also knowing she is selfish and entitled.

Don't complain. Deal with your choices. This is what you signed up for. Get used to it.

• Like 13

I can't believe someone is advising that he needs to learn to multitask...lol.

He does not have to be available for sex 24/7. He is not her slave. He has the right to be able to watch something he is looking forward to if he so chooses, without being abused and having tantrums thrown.

It sounds like she's using sex for validation or to appease some sort of insecurity...her reaction was quite extreme and juvenile. Basically, your girlfriend needs to grow the f up and deal with her issues - do not tolerate that kind of behaviour.

Sit her down and have a serious conversation with her. Advise her that her reaction bothered you, and that you are concerned about her. Also explain that you do not accept being attacked and insulted like this, and that she must work towards ensuring that this does not occur again. If she has a problem or feels insecure, she needs to communicate it like an adult. Throwing a tantrum and calling you a bad partner because you didn't drop everything to have sex with her for the third time that day is ridiculous.

Sort this out with her - this sort of behaviour is not on. She needs to learn to deal with things in a healthy manner. Nip it in the bud, or the tantrums may become more and more frequent...

• Like 2

It was a play on a previous situation, almond, where she asked him to do just that. ;)

But, I'm guessing Walking Dead requires strict attention. This isn't the first instance of that show causing relationship problems. :confused:

• Like 5

which episode were you going to watch? because the 4 season is quite intense you would need fully attention.

im kidding :laugh:

anyway.. I dont know your background story but i agree with the people who said you need to talk to her about the way she talks to you... you are not her toy she cant dispose of you when and how she wants and if you say no than she flip out...

• Like 2

I am like this with Football. when Chelsea are playing. You could bring an army of lovers home and i would not flinch.

It was a play on a previous situation, almond, where she asked him to do just that. ;)

But, I'm guessing Walking Dead requires strict attention. This isn't the first instance of that show causing relationship problems. :confused:

• Like 2

In my personal experience, this has been the norm when rejecting a woman for sex.

She freaks out, takes it personally, and starts a fight.

I hope not all women are like this, because the experiences I have show me that they are.

When she left to the spare room why didn't you just start your show?

If she acts like a spoiled child you treat her like a spoiled child.

• Like 4
My girlfriend got angry when I said no. We were about to watch Walking Dead season 4 which I still haven't got a chance to see when she decided we should rather have sex. I said no because we already had sex twice in the morning.

She got up and went out of the room and then came back and shouted at me and told me I am a terrible boyfriend and that she never rejects me. I told her I just wanted to chill and watch. She said I didn't take her feelings into account.

So she left again and went to the spare bedroom. I went in to try to talk it out but she gave me the silent treatment. So I went back to the room and played a game for about 20 minutes then she came back and apologised.

We made peace but unbelievably she still wanted to have sex... so we did.

What she said is hurtful. I'm not really sure how to take her words or behaviour.

I was going to be on your side until I finished the whole post....

1. Is it true that she never rejects your advances? So, YOU wanted sex in the morning, but when she wanted it then, you decide....nah.

2. You wanted to watch the Walking Dead, but instead played a game for 20-minutes???

3. Did you take her feelings into account?

4. You couldn't have sex and then go back to watching the show? You clearly had time as you played a game...

5. I think you two need to get in tune with one another's needs.

• Like 3

No one likes being rejected. But there are immature and mature ways of handling it. Sounds like she hasn't yet grasped the mature way of handling rejection.

Either that or you haven't yet grasped how to reject people kindly.

Or a bit of both. :)

This is getting so old. This is the one that messed up your car and home, moved in within a week, controls your whereabouts, gets jealous, and who knows what else?

You made a choice to be with her because she is hot and sweet and also knowing she is selfish and entitled.

Don't complain. Deal with your choices. This is what you signed up for. Get used to it.

Don't forget how she 'forced' him into earning those red wings.

You got a princess on your hands. It is not as if you are without sex, in fact, you got it on twice already. For her sex means approval and attention, but that may be just speculation.

Not sure what else you were expecting from this girl - this behaviour on her part isn't exactly new.

Also not sure what you're expecting from us. Most of us have already given you our thoughts about her and what you should do in your previous threads. But you want to stay and give in to her because she's 'sweet', texts and calls you a lot and tells you that she loves you.

You made your own bed, you keep lying in it until you're ready to give that bed up. Yes, both literally AND metaphorically...

• Like 2
In my personal experience, this has been the norm when rejecting a woman for sex.

She freaks out, takes it personally, and starts a fight.

I hope not all women are like this, because the experiences I have show me that they are.

I think this goes for people in general, it isn't gender specific.

If sex exist within the relationship, and the relationship is otherwise healthy, not wanting sex for a third time should not have to be a problem unless sex is perceived in an unhealthy way.

If the roles were reversed, a woman is always within her rights to refuse sex; this is socially acceptable. As men, you are not expected to turn down sex. Of course, both men and women should be able to prefer not to have sex at any moment especially if the sexual relationship is healthy and present. Also, if you say always yes to your partner regardless of your own feelings, that should not give you a cart blanch for sex whenever YOU want it.

If you think this is rejection, even if sex has already occured in the same day, that means you need to work on some issues for yourself. It obviously has nothing to do with rejecting the other person rather that sex has become too frequent (yes, it can happen).

Lastly, always take the other person's feelings in consideration with any decision you make. If you choose not to have sex, talk about it gently.

• Author
Medium.Lumo

Don't get me wrong I still love her and sex with her... but there are some days when I wish it could be 2 times max or even just once...

Strange for a guy to say I know...

InnocentMan

You'll have plenty of time to watch all the box sets in the world when she dumps you for rejecting her. If you don't learn how to partake in coitus, while watching tv, you're going to miss a **** load of movie endings and sporting events.

A good tip is to have subtitles on, if your woman is a screamer.

It's a TV show that was on tape. If my man said he would rather watch TV then be intimate with me, damn straight I'd be pissed & start a fight. I'm too tired or I don't feel well but some recorded television show shouldn't be more important than another person.

Even if you were dying to watch this, there were better ways of handling the situation such as OK, how about we have sex in an hour I just need to chill but to outright say no, that is a problem, imho.

I think you two have very different sex drives. This isn't the 1st time you have been on here complaining that she wants more sex then you are willing to give her.

You may simply be incompatible.

I am recording season 4 of The Walking Dead. My cable box broke yesterday, has to be replaced, and I will lose all of my Walking Dead DVR recordings. I have an emergency visit scheduled with my therapist for tomorrow!

• Like 1
It's a TV show that was on tape. If my man said he would rather watch TV then be intimate with me, damn straight I'd be pissed & start a fight. I'm too tired or I don't feel well but some recorded television show shouldn't be more important than another person.

Even if you were dying to watch this, there were better ways of handling the situation such as OK, how about we have sex in an hour I just need to chill but to outright say no, that is a problem, imho.

I think you two have very different sex drives. This isn't the 1st time you have been on here complaining that she wants more sex then you are willing to give her.

You may simply be incompatible.

Tour post verifies my past experience. Men are not allowed to be in the mood, or pass on sex, for any reason, at any time.

• Like 1
Tour post verifies my past experience. Men are not allowed to be in the mood, or pass on sex, for any reason, at any time.

That's not what I said.

I said if the man was tired OK fine. People get tired or they had a bad day. If I expect my husband to understand when I'm not in the mood, I have to understand when he's not.

In this instance, the guy said he would rather watch a recorded TV show then make love with his GF. When I guy picks TV over me, I'm going to be annoyed.

If he said, I'm tired & need to chill by watching TV, that would be one thing. He didn't say that. He made it seem like the recorded TV show which he could watch any time, including after they had sex, was more important to her. Even if that's not what he said or what he meant, that's the message she (& I) received from his post.

OP, I took some time to read some of your other posts, becasue well I have nothing better to do while I'm, at work.

Are you sure this is the right woman for you? She seems a bit controlling, borderline psycho, with weak boundaries, and little respect for you. I think she is your first, right? Trust me man, there are many other fish in the sea and you do not have to get pussy whipped by the first one that lets you touch, smell and play with it. Just sayin.

• Like 7
That's not what I said.

I said if the man was tired OK fine. People get tired or they had a bad day. If I expect my husband to understand when I'm not in the mood, I have to understand when he's not.

In this instance, the guy said he would rather watch a recorded TV show then make love with his GF. When I guy picks TV over me, I'm going to be annoyed.

If he said, I'm tired & need to chill by watching TV, that would be one thing. He didn't say that. He made it seem like the recorded TV show which he could watch any time, including after they had sex, was more important to her. Even if that's not what he said or what he meant, that's the message she (& I) received from his post.

Makes sesnes. Seems like he needed some down time, some quiet time, probably an Introvert, and is scared to talk to her about his needs; god forbid he discuss his needs with this chick.

That said, I've never turned down an advancment for sex with my partner..I'm usually always ready to go!

• Like 1
OP, I took some time to read some of your other posts, becasue well I have nothing better to do while I'm, at work.

??? How about working? :laugh:

• Like 1