I just can't stop myself getting carried away.

tittle-tattle

tittle-tattle

Why do girls get carried away? i just can't stop myself.

I for a long time didn't want to get married and settle down. I saw it as almost giving up you identity, you become "the wife" and "the mother"

I've been going out with my partner for going on 5 years, (I'm 28 and he's 25) and from early on in the relationship my partner made it clear he wants to marry and have kids but he also understood i wasn't ready for that. we have a ongoing joke i get married when we're 80.

Anyway about 2 months ago it was like someone flip a switch and now i want to marry (still nowhere ready for kids tho!) I seem to understand the want and symbolism behind the marriage as before I didn't and i want to make that commitment and show of affection.

But now I'm getting way too carried off. I'm basically planning everything from saving, to the wedding and reception, to moving into a flat together, and we're not even engaged yet.

another problem is how do i let him know I'm ready with out spoiling the mood. i mean I'm an old romantic and just coming out with it seems "not so romantic", I have hinted to him once but knowing my guy he didn't get it. but i don't want to over do it.

I'm thinking if he hasn't propose by his birthday in July i will! (I mean it is the 21 century after all) But then am i getting carried away again?

Never been in such a situation, so I don't actually have any great suggestions...

But maybe you could try and let one of your (or his) friends know that you're now interested in that marriage thing and one of them can "accidentally" drop a hint to him. "OOPS! I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT!"

SOmething like that.

Sit him down & tell him you have been thinking about the future. Ask him what his vision looks like. Don't share all your plans. If he mentions marriage, tell him that sounds wonderful, then kiss him & stop talking about it. He should get the hint but since you just came to this conclusion I think you need to give him the rest of the year before you start imposing deadlines. He may need to save for a ring & he'd probably like to plan.

I like the idea of a mutual friend dropping the hint, simple yet he still feels he is in control.

Although my favourite is putting a spin on what Versacehottie said, maybe perhaps:

"You know I am starting to feel like my 80th birthday is coming soon, I hope you get me a good present."

Drop that as casual as you can and let him take the hint.

Talk about when you first met and how you feel you've changed and matured since meeting him and you are so thankful. "I had stupid ideas back then, like being married was a trap. Just goes to show you don't know everything when you are younger. What an idiot I was, huh? I can't imagine anything more wonderful than spending the rest of my life with you."