Should I ask or no?

hardliner

Sitting here trying to think on how to do this..

She's a single mom of 3 kids. She lives with her uncle. Her mother lives a couple of houses down. Her mom watches the kids when she works. We work together sort of. She's a cashier that works part time, mainly one day during the week and the weekends and that's how we are able to talk. Neither of us are big fans of talking on our phones especially when we typically talk face to face.

We've been talking for 2 months now. We've gone out once. Went to dinner and ended up talking for 3.5 hours. Since then, it's been tough to go out again because of our difference in schedules and Easter.

For us to go out on a Saturday evening, her mom has to watch the kids. I know from our conversations that her relationship with her mom is tough. Haven't tried to go into detail why. Might be a conversation to have later.

I'd like to go out this Saturday night. Both of our schedules can make this happen but it is up to her mom. The other side of this is IF her mom were to agree and she were to not want to, it would create some concerns on my part on where she wants to go with this. I'm okay with that because it will be just something we need to discuss.

Should I call her mom and ask her if she would watch the kids so we can go out? or should I just stick with asking her out and hoping for the best? I feel like if her mom knew me and knew I'm not a jerk like the father of her grandkids, that's would help things.. maybe. Fire away with advice and thoughts. Thanks.

Leave the mom out of it. Arrange another babysitter though & offer to pay.

When you ask her outm explain that you have a babysitter lined up -- your treat -- & you'd like to take her to dinner.

• Like 1