Got such a crush on a girl from work!

johnjohn12

Hello all. I just moved to a new company a few months ago and this girl I work with quickly caught my eye. I'm 28, she's 30 and I heard from some guys at work that she recently split with her ex. I have been flirting with her and she seems to be receptive to it. She is really quite awkward around me but I am not sure if I am just noticing it because I want to think that she is. Or maybe she is just awkward over all.

For example, last week we ended up at the same table at lunch and for some reason my boss decides to mention that I told him my ex was 5 years older and she liked young looking guys. Then he goes on to say "Sophie likes young looking guys too don't you?" she goes bright red and says nothing. I know it doesn't mean she is interested but she comes by just to talk sometimes too, and the guys at work have done the usual "she likes you" sort of thing. The Problem is I don't know if I want to date someone from work. I never have, and people seem to think it's a bad idea. But I really really like this girl a lot. Also her just coming out of a relationship of I think at least a few years could be kind of a problem.

Hello all. I just moved to a new company a few months ago and this girl I work with quickly caught my eye. I'm 28, she's 30 and I heard from some guys at work that she recently split with her ex. I have been flirting with her and she seems to be receptive to it. She is really quite awkward around me but I am not sure if I am just noticing it because I want to think that she is. Or maybe she is just awkward over all.

For example, last week we ended up at the same table at lunch and for some reason my boss decides to mention that I told him my ex was 5 years older and she liked young looking guys. Then he goes on to say "Sophie likes young looking guys too don't you?" she goes bright red and says nothing. I know it doesn't mean she is interested but she comes by just to talk sometimes too, and the guys at work have done the usual "she likes you" sort of thing. The Problem is I don't know if I want to date someone from work. I never have, and people seem to think it's a bad idea. But I really really like this girl a lot. Also her just coming out of a relationship of I think at least a few years could be kind of a problem.

Take it for what it is and enjoy courting this woman.

People mention its a terrible idea to date someone in the workplace due to the potential ramifications if the relationship goes sour.

Court her like a man does, treat her like a man does, and if it doesn't work out, break up with her like a man does. Don't make it wierd and/or unavoidable at work.

Do that, and you can mess around with anyone you want at work.

My 2 cents.

• Like 1

How much interaction do you have with her at work? If you are in different departments & on different floors, maybe.

However, since your boss seems to have no professional sense of boundaries having an interoffice romance in this environment will be toxic because everybody will be in your business.

Proceed with caution.

• Like 1
How much interaction do you have with her at work? If you are in different departments & on different floors, maybe.

However, since your boss seems to have no professional sense of boundaries having an interoffice romance in this environment will be toxic because everybody will be in your business.

Proceed with caution.

I agree.

But, if you date her like man and not a frat boy, the romance should be personal, not an office-wide discussion.

But, if you date her like man and not a frat boy, the romance should be personal, not an office-wide discussion.

I'm not worried about the OP. I'm worried about the boss who was telling the OP about Sophie's preferences at lunch. An inappropriate boss like that runs work like a frat house which causes problems all the way around.

I'm not worried about the OP. I'm worried about the boss who was telling the OP about Sophie's preferences at lunch. An inappropriate boss like that runs work like a frat house which causes problems all the way around.

Touche`.

There's no avoiding the way the boss runs the office. But, you don't have to play into his games. If you become serious with her and his antics keep up, it's very easy to say "Hey man, you're a great boss and everything, but I'm sort of seeing her now and would appreciate it if we kept our romance between ourselves."

I know that's a risky conversation to have once it gets there, but if it gets serious, it's a conversation that's going to need to take place no matter what.

• Like 1