She finally agree on a date but... Will she flake?

Danblock

This girl who I've been trying to get a date with for a year finally agreed to go on a date with me. Once a month I would ask her and it soon became something I habit. Even though I wasn't excepting her to say yes I would just ask. Anyways to my surprise she agrees to go out on a date but says "Ok! Make sure you remind me a couple of times next week... I've been known to overbook myself "

my question is if a date says this she's gonna flake right?

Sounds like she's setting herself up for the flake, man.

Persistence does work, but I don't think it will in this case. Sorry. :(

Date women who like u from the get go. Don't waste time on chicks like this.

Depends what he's looking for.

Quality girls require some persistence, in my experience and observation.

• Like 1
Depends what he's looking for.

Quality girls require some persistence, in my experience and observation.

Eh...not in my experience. Chicks you have to "win over" with persistence tend to be easily fickle and get GIGs often in such cases. I dont need a girl to sit and figure out if she likes me. Nor do I want a woman who goes dating other men for a year, all the while continually rejecting me.

Sorry, Im not the "nice guy" who sits around hoping a chick will come around. Be mindful of this OP...because she could likely be settling on you if she doesnt flake. You should want a woman who wants you when you want her...and who doesnt put you on the backburner for so long.

Eh...not in my experience. Chicks you have to "win over" with persistence tend to be easily fickle and get GIGs often in such cases. I dont need a girl to sit and figure out if she likes me. Nor do I want a woman who goes dating other men for a year, all the while continually rejecting me.

Sorry, Im not the "nice guy" who sits around hoping a chick will come around. Be mindful of this OP...because she could likely be settling on you if she doesnt flake. You should want a woman who wants you when you want her...and who doesnt put you on the backburner for so long.

Sounds like you've been dating the wrong women. I did too for a while.

I would say the vast majority are how you describe. The key becomes to pick the few that are good women (no easy task).

Most successful marriages that I've seen started with the guy pursuing and the girl coming around. However, that's not to say that the girl walked all over him and friendzoned him for many years. Usually, the girl would turn down kisses, turn down sex, and all of that stuff, but was still down to hang out with them and showed them SOME signs of interest.

That's what a good woman does. She doesn't sleep around or have sex on first dates. She does show interest, but she also has self-respect. Those are the keepers.

Even if she flakes, just ask her out again next month. :laugh:

I hope you're being sarcastic. Op who cares if she flakes or not. This girl aint worth your time anymore.

That's what a good woman does. She doesn't sleep around or have sex on first dates. She does show interest, but she also has self-respect. Those are the keepers.

There's a big difference between a girl who moves slowly because she has self respect and morals, and a girl who just plain rejects all date offers for an entire year.

• Like 1
There's a big difference between a girl who moves slowly because she has self respect and morals, and a girl who just plain rejects all date offers for an entire year.

I agree. I was responding to kaylan's post.

See my first post in this thread for details. ;)

• Like 1
I hope you're being sarcastic. Op who cares if she flakes or not. This girl aint worth your time anymore.

I agree that if she flakes, he should not give a crap about her again. But it would be hella funny if he still ask her out again in a month. Of course he wouldn't try to date her, it would just be for a laugh.

• Like 1

Maybe she won't flake, I'm curious how the date will go. Op you got nothing to loose so go on the date and keep us posted:)

This is how my parents started dating. My mom was working at a bar during nursing school. My dad would come in and see her there, he asked her out many many times before she finally agreed. They've been married 35 years.

Works for some people.

This is how my parents started dating. My mom was working at a bar during nursing school. My dad would come in and see her there, he asked her out many many times before she finally agreed. They've been married 35 years.

Works for some people.

Did you ever ask your mom why she finally fell in love with him?

If she flakes don't take it personally. And have a backup plan in case you get there and she doesn't show. So you can have fun that day no matter what.

• Author

So the date was scheduled for yesterday (Friday night) and this might've been that .001% chance but she didn't flake. She actually ended up changing my original plans and took me to the nba playoffs game and paid for everything.

I did ask her why it took a year to get a date and she claimed it was bc she works retail and the hours are crazy (bs I bet but whatever).

So the date was scheduled for yesterday (Friday night) and this might've been that .001% chance but she didn't flake. She actually ended up changing my original plans and took me to the nba playoffs game and paid for everything.

I did ask her why it took a year to get a date and she claimed it was bc she works retail and the hours are crazy (bs I bet but whatever).

Awesome! So how the date end? You kiss her?