Being single and Being the Best

acetrade11

There are few individuals that say being single is the best. but being single can be difficult.

Here is a list of the bumps you will ride over on the tract of the single life:

-Your friends will have girlfriends/boyfriends and will cuddle up with them while they watch a movie; you won’t[/sIZE][/FONT]

-when you decide to go out on the night on the town you always have to pay; your by yourself. If you had a partner they would pay one time and then you pay the next time and back and forth. You don’t have that you’re by yourself

-having a girlfriend/ boyfriend lowers your stress

-no back massages for you (figured I would throw this one in there)

-you can have a ton of friends but it does not compare to being able to hold someone or hold someone’s hand while you are walking

-humans are born social by nature not having a girlfriend/ boyfriend is an uphill battle[/sIZE][/FONT]

-lastly the feelings of loneliness, being scared, depressed, or even physically sick these are all the times that you would need to hold someone; you don’t have that your single.

“The ONLY way you can learn about human relations is by having them - not from a book, from a seminar, hiding away in isolation is some retreat house and certainly not from an epiphany or “road to [/sIZE][sIZE=3]Damascus[/sIZE][sIZE=3]” encounter. The more you know about others, the more you learn about yourself, and the more you know about yourself, the better chances you have of attracting someone with whom you have lots in common.[/sIZE][sIZE=3] [/sIZE][sIZE=3]Get out and meet lots of people, men and women, and talk, smile, flirt, take an interest and laugh with them. No pressure for anyone. The whole point is meet as many people as you can.”

There is a great big wonderful dating world out there for those who are willing to venture into it. But it is also a well-known fact that the greater your mastery of the basics, the better your chances of succeeding. In fact, mastery of the basics either through reading self-help books, attending a seminar or working with a professional is often the key factor that separates the great from the mediocre. However avoid those very retro “corny” books and advice columns. In dating as in anything else, if you want to become successful at it, you need to learn what the masters are doing and imitate them. You need to be ready for the opportunities that life brings you, so that when your time comes, you don’t miss your shot.

What do you think the positives of being single are?

Edited by acetrade11
HeartbrokenNewbie

I was thinking something the other day...

Since Ive been single Ive noticed little things like turning off a TV program that I thought I liked but actually it was just something the ex and I used to watch, Ive also noticed that there are things I enjoy that I never done with him.. I have found out things about myself I didnt really know and certainly never embraced.

I think being single is a great time to grow... we are always growing as individuals and being in a RS is a 'partnership' it doesnt really allow a lot of room for personal growth.

I think u are quite right that if we take this time to grow and do new interests we will meet others with similar interests and who compliment us rather than restrict us x