Girls in clubs...

mr_dave

I really don't like going to clubs, but I was dragged out last night by some of my friends. To my surprise there were a few girls/women who were quite forward with me (perhaps because I was wearing a polo shirt and my physique was on show) squeezing my arms, pecs and kissing my neck. It was really embarassing. :o I was polite though and chatted to them a bit (though I'm pretty shy and was really nervous), but casual sex isn't for me, so I wasn't really interested, to the dismay of my despairing friends. :laugh:

The thing is.. well I've never received any female attention outside of clubs. (I'm 25)

Am I missing out on a rich source of potential decent girlfriends by not going out more?

The thing is, if I did see someone I really fancied there and wanted to get to know or chat up.. well it's just so hard to talk to people! The music is so loud, my ears are still ringing now, I've lost my voice from shouting in people's ears, and after I had asked the ladies what kind of things they do for a living, what their names were, what they were doing out for the evening, I couldn't really think of much else to say. :(

Girls here seem to be so unapproachable outside of this kind of environment though, yet seem to go into relaxed mode on nights out..

I'd love to meet a girl in a more romantic setting, but I can't imagine how it might happen... :(

That turned into a bit of a rambling post, but any advice would be appreciated.. :)

Edited by mr_dave

Not saying there isn't a quality girl in there somewhere, but generally speaking, I don't think you'd necessarily want to go looking for a girl to get to know in a club (catch them when they've grown past their club stage). Especially when casual sex isn't your thing.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for your input. :)

How can I put this.. I don't really want to wait until women are thirty and bored of clubs/casual sex to be able to have a decent girlfriend. I'd rather find a like minded girl who hasn't spent her best years sleeping around first.

That seems to be an impossible ask though, it seems like everyone is into that scene nowadays...and girls are so unapproachable away from it.

I went on holiday alone to Spain (Madrid and Seville) recently and the social culture seems to be more to my taste there.

People of all ages congregate on the streets at night, walking up and down, chilling out on benches, the atmosphere seems so nice. There are so many naturally beautiful girls who aren't even trying.. Maybe I'm in the wrong country? :laugh:

Alcohol is a social lubricant & it makes people more touchy. Also when you can't really talk over the loud music touching is a way of communicating.

If it's not to your taste, it's not to your taste. You probably won't find a compatible girl in a club because even when you are together she may still want to go dancing more than you do & it will lead to fights.

You need to find more venues & outlets like what you experienced on your trip to Spain. Once you find those you may be more comfortable dating.