Do bigger women actually want a skinnier dude?

Disco Lemonade

I am a newcomer to OLD, but have already had dates with a couple of women who are quite a bit bigger than their photos suggest. What I find weird is that I am on the thin side. Do larger women actually like dating guys who are so much lighter? Even though I am taller, I feel a little bit of confusion on this. Wouldn't women want their guy to be bigger than them? I am not trying to be a jerk about the weight thing, but I am kind of thrown off by both the misrepresentation and also just the thought of being with someone so much bigger. Almost a challenge to my masculinity or something, being the "little guy"

I am a newcomer to OLD, but have already had dates with a couple of women who are quite a bit bigger than their photos suggest.

Welcome to online dating, that happens a lot. Never date an OLD woman who just shows head shots. She is deceitful. If a woman will not show a full body shot, move along. I'm a slim man myself and I like women to be smaller than me. As for bigger women liking slimmer guys, I have no idea.

• Like 1

I believe so yes.

I'm tiny in height and dress size but many much much bigger guys have shown interest in me.

I am not impressed when they look nothing like their photos though.

I've met 3 men so far who were around 4 stone heavier than when their photos were taken. That is a lot of time and food! :laugh:

• Author
Disco Lemonade
I believe so yes.

I'm tiny in height and dress size but many much much bigger guys have shown interest in me.

I am not impressed when they look nothing like their photos though.

I've met 3 men so far who were around 4 stone heavier than when their photos were taken. That is a lot of time and food! :laugh:

I guess it works both ways then :) It does seem like a lot of lies are told by both sexes. I have been told by one date that she was surprised that I actually am my stated height. I guess that is a common "man lie"

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that all women, no matter what they weigh would prefer a slimmer, more athletic man.

Very few women prefer a guy who is overweight.

• Like 1

Misrepresentation is EXTREMELY common in OLDing! It goes both ways. Men are often much bigger and not as "athletic" as they all claim to be online.

• Author
Disco Lemonade
I'm pretty sure that all women, no matter what they weigh would prefer a slimmer, more athletic man.

But even the weight thing doesn't just have to be fat weight. My photos are totally representative of myself and I am clearly thin and hardly a "muscle man." I guess I can't help but be surprised that a bigger woman would even want that (taking my own thoughts out of it for a second). Traditionally, I guess I have always lived under the impression that nearly all men and women would prefer that the man in the relationship be the more physically imposing. And not just height. Maybe that is cavemanny, but whatever. It's not a huge deal, I just move on, but it is a surprise to me nonetheless.

Bigger women want any guy who is interested in them.

And yes, "average" means anything from healthy to 100 lbs overweight. "Athletic" means you've been to a gym in the last year, regardless of your fitness level.

• Like 1
Ninjainpajamas

Well it's your height, if you are taller they feel smaller...even if they are bigger than you sideways.

Plus I'm also certain they plan to use you as a tooth-pick after a meal.

It's also possible they found you attractive, but yes it's common for people to desire someone they might not gel well with physically.

I wasn't misled by any photos in OLD in my experience, the women looked like their photos. I don't think I settled for head shots only, that's a bit of a red flag for me in terms of deception.

But it's normal to see a profile where 3 photos looked like one girl then the last two looked like someone completely else. It's also quite "fun" when they make you play "guess which one I am" while all their photos include a group of women in which they do not identify themselves, women that might be fairly attractive which can be quite distracting and leave you hoping you picked the right one.

At any rate, ask for more photos or take a chance.

TigerLilly78

Im a plus size women and I prefer a larger guy only cause I like the teddy bear feel..that said if I found a really great guy who was smaller I wouldn't discount him purely because of that. It would also depend on the personality far as the lieing on dating sites? Really its kind of stupid and goes both ways I've known guys who have used pics of themselves on line from their 20s when they are now well into in their 30s so yea its not just "bigger girls" who do this..

• Like 1
  • Author
Disco Lemonade
Im a plus size women and I prefer a larger guy only cause I like the teddy bear feel..that said if I found a really great guy who was smaller I wouldn't discount him purely because of that. It would also depend on the personality far as the lieing on dating sites? Really its kind of stupid and goes both ways I've known guys who have used pics of themselves on line from their 20s when they are now well into in their 30s so yea its not just "bigger girls" who do this..

I am not saying that it is only women. I think I would be a nervous wreck before a date though if I had something to hide. Especially if it is something that would be discovered 2 seconds in. Do you say anything to the guys who lie about stuff, even for their own benefit, or do you just let them down gently? I hate coming up with bad excuses for not wanting a second date, but I also don't like hurting anyone's feelings. It is kind of an unfair situation.

TigerLilly78
I am not saying that it is only women. I think I would be a nervous wreck before a date though if I had something to hide. Especially if it is something that would be discovered 2 seconds in. Do you say anything to the guys who lie about stuff, even for their own benefit, or do you just let them down gently? I hate coming up with bad excuses for not wanting a second date, but I also don't like hurting anyone's feelings. It is kind of an unfair situation.

To be quite honest I haven't really done heaps of OLD well I've had the odd conversation here and there with some one who might message me if I've had a profile running. But that said I think in my entire life I've only met one person directly from a OLD site. I've met others via different internet ventures and have many friends on line that said tho this could possiabialy change in the near future.

Sigh im toying with the idea of trying OLD a bit more seriously but I guess if I was to run into this kind of situation? ide just be polite yet honest with them. And yes I see your point and as I said when its a clear and present difference then yea I see no point in lying.

I mean people will ether be attracted to you or they wont very rarely dose the persons "personality" alone win another over to the point looks totally no longer matter..

Im a bigger woman and I prefer thin guys its much easier when it gets to the bedroom part of the relationship, I've been with larger guys but honestly? I think it makes their gear look smaller and its harder for 2 plus size people to make it happen.

And yes thinner fit guys are just more attractive, they're able to get the good angles.

• Like 1
Bigger women want any guy who is interested in them.

That's so far from true, im bigger and im extreamly picky men like me quite often, over the last year I've passed on thin and bigger men who were interested because they didnt interest me at all.

Apparently muscles on a man are the equivalent of body shape on a woman, in terms of appearance-related importance and most people preferring the middle ground (not too small and not too big). Or at least, that's what I've been told. :laugh: I don't buy much into it myself, but perhaps people who partake in OLD might.

Maybe that is cavemanny

In all honesty, the physical ideal for a woman with a tiny waist and slender frame stems largely from the Victorian era onwards. In older days, such as in Rome and Greece, the ideal was soft, plump women and muscular but lean men. Take a look at the sculptures of Venus and David, both considered 'ideal' representations of men and women then. In today's world David would be considered 'too skinny' and Venus probably not too sexy.

It's totally fine and normal for you to have preferences, but they don't necessarily stem from caveman days.

I often find that women don't like to show them selves as over weight and they have mastered the art of taking really good pictures that don't show how big they really are. I've dated loads of girls on dating sites and I would say about half of them have always been bigger than what their pictures show and if this is the case it's because they take attention from any guy that shows an interest in them.

Big girls need love too. Not from me but I'm sure some guys prefer it

Actually, I have met a few "thicker" women or chunky rather that wouldn't date me because I was thin. My being of average weight, to them, was kind of an equivalent to a tall woman not wanting to date a shorter man.

They just don't want to appear "big" around their man in BOTH directions (longitude and sometimes latitude).

I am a newcomer to OLD, but have already had dates with a couple of women who are quite a bit bigger than their photos suggest. What I find weird is that I am on the thin side. Do larger women actually like dating guys who are so much lighter? Even though I am taller, I feel a little bit of confusion on this. Wouldn't women want their guy to be bigger than them? I am not trying to be a jerk about the weight thing, but I am kind of thrown off by both the misrepresentation and also just the thought of being with someone so much bigger. Almost a challenge to my masculinity or something, being the "little guy"

Yeah, I get a kick out of how they are trying to be cute when peaking out from behind a tree, kneeling down behind their kid, or peaking out from behind a wall.

I often find that women don't like to show them selves as over weight and they have mastered the art of taking really good pictures that don't show how big they really are. I've dated loads of girls on dating sites and I would say about half of them have always been bigger than what their pictures show and if this is the case it's because they take attention from any guy that shows an interest in them.

Big girls need love too. Not from me but I'm sure some guys prefer it

isisisweeping
I'm pretty sure that all women, no matter what they weigh would prefer a slimmer, more athletic man..

Nah.

Very many of the gals I know (myself included) prefer larger men. Most the women I know do not like men who are slim/skinny. It's not a desirable in men like it is in women.

(That said, for me, personality means the most. I have seriously dated both a skinny man, 6'5 and 180, and a large man, 6'4 and 300 (he was very muscular but overweight still clearly.)

Lying is messed up though. I list myself as overweight. Because I am. I got a ridiculous number of messages saying that I'm clearly not overweight in my (very accurate) pictures and need to drop it down. The standards should be more specific to what they mean I guess!

Edited by isisisweeping
  • Like 1

I think for the most part, both sexes prefers slimmer. Unless you have a thing for bigger people.

I would really hate it if I was bigger than my guy. I did once date a smaller guy -- I am 5'6" and 130 pounds, so smaller than me is really small, imo -- and I always felt like the Hulk. :o

• Like 1