Everything is Too Late

I woke up late. I woke up when tragedy struck. When I felt that I couldn't continue anymore in my present state. That is when I woke up. I couldn't stand being there one more minute.

But it is too late. I am 30 years old. I just waited too long and I missed everything. I wasted my youth entirely. I did the correct thing but I did it too late and now I don't think I can catch up anymore.

Sometimes there is a time and place for everything. Michael Jackson wasted his entire life trying to relive his childhood, pretending to be a kid because supposedly he felt that he missed the normal childhood experience. That didn't work. When something is gone, it is gone.

Maybe 8 years ago, if I had come here, I could have learnt the dating game and I could have done better. I would have had loads of time to do everything. I don't have time now. I am already old. 8 years ago, I didn't have money to achieve my dreams but now when I do, it is all too late.

That's life.

I woke up late. I woke up when tragedy struck. When I felt that I couldn't continue anymore in my present state. That is when I woke up. I couldn't stand being there one more minute.

But it is too late. I am 30 years old. I just waited too long and I missed everything. I wasted my youth entirely. I did the correct thing but I did it too late and now I don't think I can catch up anymore.

Sometimes there is a time and place for everything. Michael Jackson wasted his entire life trying to relive his childhood, pretending to be a kid because supposedly he felt that he missed the normal childhood experience. That didn't work. When something is gone, it is gone.

Maybe 8 years ago, if I had come here, I could have learnt the dating game and I could have done better. I would have had loads of time to do everything. I don't have time now. I am already old. 8 years ago, I didn't have money to achieve my dreams but now when I do, it is all too late.

That's life.

It's good that you've realized it now, that life is short and time is precious. Why not spin it around, and see what you can do from here? The game of life ain't over until the whistle is blown, and love is the prize.

Jag- Assuming you are an average looking guy, it's not at all too late. In fact, I would say that you didn't miss much. Dating for average looking guys is brutal in their 20s. Most of the 20s girls are chasing after the small percentage of hot guys or dating guys in their 30s with more resources.

As a guy, dating doesn't get good until you hit your thirties. Things are about to get good for you and will just get better and better for at least the next 20 years. If you stay (or get) in shape, have most of your hair and if you have a decent (or better) career, you will be golden.

One day you will look back and laugh and laugh and laugh at the thought how old you felt at 30.

Seriously, 30 is not old and it is not too late for anything - dating, working, travelling, studying...

• Like 2

30 is not old! It better as hell not be since im going on 28

Mj achived much in his life I wouldn't say it was wasted, but yeah childhood you cant bring back.

Hell, I'm not old, and I'm 53!

I'm 57 and having the time of my life!!

Jeesh, when I was 30, I didn't even feel 'fully cooked' yet!

• Like 2

I spent half my adult life in an abusive marriage. I feel I was really born 3 years ago at 45. The past 3 years I have been growing, learning and living like never before. At 30 you are still a baby at life.

• Like 1

At 20 I felt so insecure and like the world was a burden upon my shoulders. Now in my 30's I feel like i'm more capable of saying 'No'. And the respect that comes with it is awesome.

Hell no, I wouldn't like to relive my childhood, it's a closed book for me.

Try to see the positives of being more mature and 'older'.

Why interpret it as 'everything is too late', instead of 'it's the right time for me'? We all make assumptions about life - what we are supposed to do and when - and though most of them are practical, a lot of them are more flexible than that. Some people do things in a different order. It doesn't matter unless it really closes off an option. People still find partners over 50. People start new careers after middle age. People learn news skills and become experts in later life. If you expect all the doors to close, they will; if you consider the possibility that those doors are about to open now because it is the right time for you, then you will see those opportunities too.

Consider it the first day in the rest of your life, the stuff you haven't done is because you haven't done it yet! not because you lost the chance to do it, you just weren't meant to do it yet plus maybe you didn't have the right partner yet to do it with :)

I'm gonna be 30 in a couple of months. I thought I'm old but looking at Brad Pitt & Johnny Depp who are 50 years old, Madonna who's 55 and is still doing teenpop-py songs...I feel so young. And I do feel life will get better when you reach 30, it's when you get serious and think deeply about life (like what you're doing now) in my opinion.

I'm a woman and I should have more worries than you like my biological clock for example but yeah, no worries. :p

You are not dead yet. It's not too late. Although you haven't actually awoken yet. Maybe 8 years from now, you will talk about 8 years ago. A lifetime is not a waste. What would be a waste is if you did nothing from this point forward. Or the next point forward or the next. It's not over till it's over. Some people just take X amount of time to learn + X amount of time to actualize what they have learned.

30 is the new 20 bro. 30 is the prime age for a bachelor who isn't divorced with kids. Your time is just arriving I'd go out and live it now.