ex in the picture?

madelinex

I am seeing a guy for two months and i found out that he texted his ex last week saying how much he misses her and how she would feel if he got a new girlfriend. Ex said it'll be weird but nothing I cant get over and I'll be happy for you. He replied back saying if its in God's plan we will get back. I confronted him and he said hes sorry and it was cause he was drunk and he will never contact her again. I asked him to defriend her and delete her number. Am i being too unreasonable by asking him to do these things?

If thats his ex he probably knows her number by heart tbh...

It depends, if this guy normally doesn't do things like this and is generally trustworthy then I wouldnt worry about it TOO much, just don't forget it happened and watch his behavior I guess.

You aren't being unreasonable

• Author

i found out he talked to a girl he met online as well but it was two sentences and he stopped replying to her. I want things to work out but overall hes sweet and good to me. But I do have trouble trusting him and I have a gut feeling there are more things hes hiding from me. I dont have any evidence to call him out or I can be making up problems in my head due to what I just went through. Should i just move on?

The truth comes out when you're drunk. His ex is obviously still on his mind and him telling her "if it's in God's plan we will get back" says to me that there is still a possibility of getting back together. Take it from someone who had 3 exes leave her for THEIR exes...RUN! You deserve someone who is devoted to you and only you. You can tell him to unfriend her delete her number, but you cannot stop him from thinking about her.

• Author

now hes like im just gonna deactivate facebook. I feel like hes just deactivating it cause he doesnst want to unfriend her so hes just gonna get rid of his fb in general.

This is a tough one, it's obvious he is not over his ex. Messaging her for permission, how would she feel then the line of gods plan...he's not into you and not giving himself or you a chance to build a relationship. The foundation is already shady. I'd leave him to figure out what he wants, let him decide rather than you throwing down rules. 2 months in should he light fluffy & fun certainly not demanding he stop communicating with his ex, he should be doing that by himself. Back out for a bit, let him figure out what he wants, where he's at and if he returns stronger then you can build your relationship but as of right now the dynamics stink of unhealthy and basically you're dating yourself and telling him what to do and how to be in this relationship with you....and that never works. You are giving too much he is giving too little.

• Like 2

Seriously? You want to be with a guy who tells other girls he wants to be with them? If his ex would have him back, you'd be yesterdays news. You're okay with that? He's with you because he can't have his ex....

organizedchaos
The truth comes out when you're drunk. His ex is obviously still on his mind and him telling her "if it's in God's plan we will get back" says to me that there is still a possibility of getting back together. Take it from someone who had 3 exes leave her for THEIR exes...RUN! You deserve someone who is devoted to you and only you. You can tell him to unfriend her delete her number, but you cannot stop him from thinking about her.

Yep, truth of how someone really feels about you deep down always comes out when people are drunk.

He wants what he can't have. He has you, he wants her. I'd show him that actions have consequences and add you to the "can't have" list - if only temporary.

hoping2heal

The guy is still hung up on his ex. I think you're being unreasonable to yourself. So what he's sweet to you. I can be sweet to the post man. I could be sweet to an IRS worker. Sweet seems kind of meaningless when the guy loves someone else, no?