He is ignoring me and leaving tomorrow

mokymoky

So this guy I met and spent the night with twice (no sex) is leaving tomorrow for deployment until january. The last time i spent the night with him he told me he liked me and was really going to miss me. He said it was the last time we would be together (friday night). When he dropped me off saturday i just lightly hugged and kissed him since i told him he should come by saturday night. i texted him to come by later and got no response. I snapchatted him and he replied, but then snapchatted him saying "we never finished our conversation from saturday" (he had been asking 'what we are' and said he had a strong word for it but then wouldnt tell me?)

I texted him sunday saying hey you, and once again received nothing but he viewed the 'my story'

on snapchat i posted and he posted his own out with friends....

so i know he has seen my texts and sent me nothing.

i texted him again today tuesday asking how he has been and he texted back twice, i replied and then nothing again. wednesday night i sent him a snapchat and he simply didnt view it...I was hoping to see him one last time.

I dont understand why he would leave me hanging high and dry...after the first weekend we spent together he texted me all week till we hung out again. But now nothing....I dont know what to do because I really like him, there was a strong connection, and I just want to tell him that I would wait for him while he is gone...but I cant do that since he wont reply...

Hello_is_it_me

I think the guy has more realistic expectations for your relationship together (which is low expectations).

You've only hung out a couple time + he'll be gone for 9 months now..? Even if you got along great for those few dates, why would you want to invest so much into something so new, uncertain, and with this distance boundary??

there was a strong connection, and I just want to tell him that I would wait for him while he is gone...but I cant do that since he wont reply...

Strong connection? You've spent limited amount of time with this man. Don't equate the "newness" high you're feeling with having a connection. You know nothing about him in this short period of time and with that said, it would be completely irrational of you to put your life on hold, waiting for him while he is gone. You have no foundation with him for you to even say that.

• Author
Strong connection? You've spent limited amount of time with this man. Don't equate the "newness" high you're feeling with having a connection. You know nothing about him in this short period of time and with that said, it would be completely irrational of you to put your life on hold, waiting for him while he is gone. You have no foundation with him for you to even say that.

Okay, that is a good point. I think things were just moving a little fast between us when we were together and it got to my head. I just haven't liked anyone like I have him for sometime and must have equated it with a need to be with him.

Thanks for the insight.

acheybreakey

I know how you feel, mokymoky. I think he probably decided that it wont stand the test of time with him leaving so soon and instead of just telling you that, he decided to do the slow fade on you. Its not a very nice way to let somebody down but it seems to be popular for guys. I'm sure he has lots of friends and family that he wants to say goodbye to before he goes, so he is busy doing that now. It sucks that he couldnt just text you that he wouldnt be seeing you this weekend and that he doesn't want to continue but if he's not responding now, he's definitely not going to be waiting for you or talking to you while he is deployed.

I'm sorry :(

I'll give you a different read. Most likely the dude is scrambling to tie up lose ends right now and is completely underwater. I know I would be if I were getting ready to be deployed for 9 months.