Call Length???

Baumer

Called a woman I met last weekend today and asked if she'd want to hang out. She seemed warm and receptive, didn't establish anything concrete because we're both busy for the next few days, but the call was quick. Like three minutes quick. Can't tell if I rushed it or if she was eager to go, or if it was just natural and I'm overthinking it. Ughhhhhhhh. What do you think?

todreaminblue
Called a woman I met last weekend today and asked if she'd want to hang out. She seemed warm and receptive, didn't establish anything concrete because we're both busy for the next few days, but the call was quick. Like three minutes quick. Can't tell if I rushed it or if she was eager to go, or if it was just natural and I'm overthinking it. Ughhhhhhhh. What do you think?
you said she seemed warm and receptive i am assuming that you know her when she is warm and receptive so trust that....you also said she and you were busy trust that...stay calm...best wishes.....three minutes is not no.....deb

I'd say good move. Better too short than too long. you said what needed to be said and got on with your day. She might be a keeper.

• Author

Thanks. I feel less crazy now. Will try to text a few times this weekend and then call to set up something definitive next week. :)

She may simply have been in the middle of something or she may not be a phone person.

Shorter is always better in the beginning stages of dating. The fact that she was warm and receptive was a good sign as well.

I would probably have tried to get a date concrete (gives the call more purpose), but that's just me.

You dont wanna appear rambling or just staying in the phone to hit some time limit. You'll have plenty of time for long phone calls when you're officially her bf. But for now, shorter is def better, makes u appear u have stuff to do, and not look so clingy early on.

Michelle ma Belle

Call seemed to be fine to me as well BUT a better question is what's my next move?

I mean, you say you didn't establish anything concrete regarding a date so what's next? How did you end the call? When will either of you know regarding your schedules? Was she supposed to call you or you going to call her? How long do you wait before calling her back and trying again?

Those are the better questions ;)

• Author

We established that we'd like to hang out and that we'd talk after the weekend (plan on texting before then, maybe ask about her specific schedule then). I think I'll call then.