A Question for the Ladies

Jay77098

Ladies -

What are your thoughts regarding a kiss at the end of a first date? My opinion as a guy is that if a woman has had a good time on the date and really likes me, then the date will end with a kiss. A real kiss, on the lips, and not just a peck. I'm not talking about full-on french kissing and groping, but just a nice, real kiss. My experience has been that the good-night kiss has been a pretty good indicator of interest from the woman.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Yes and no.

I had real good first date that ended with a kiss, the couple of times it happened we ended up dating for a while.

But...

I also remember kissing someone after a 1st date as a test. I was unsure how I felt about the date so when he came for a kiss I accepted it.

I remember doing this twice. One of them the kiss felt like I was kissing a brother and it confirmed to me there was no chemistry, second guy I thought we had no chemistry and his kiss came as a surprise at the end and it blew my mind away lol, before the kiss my mind was already made up I was not going to see him again, because of that kiss I ended up dating him for 3 months.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

I like it. If I like the guy, I want him to kiss me. If I don't like him, I'll make that clear by being more guarded and not flirty on the date - and I won't let him get close enough to even try kissing me.

Versacehottie

yes i agree with you OP. Good dates usually end with a real kiss. To be honest, there have been some that are good but for some reason we just haven't kissed. I would say it's up to the guy to go for it if she is giving signals that she would be into it. And for godsakes don't ask: can i give you/get a kiss? That is the worst.

hoping2heal

Please don't kiss me :D

I don't want to be kissed by someone I do not know that well, that isn't comfortable for me. Nothing to do with "I'm such a good girl hehehe" or playing a game. I just don't like physical closeness that arrives before emotional closeness.

• Like 5

How I see it, you're on a date. Kiss her. You're going to get more flack and regret from not than from doing. Just make sure your breath smells nice.

Michelle ma Belle

I say GO FOR IT! If the date if going well and I like the guy, I'm going to want a kiss at some point whether he's coming in for one or I'm moving in. I think a lot can be revealed in a single kiss so why not do it and figure it out sooner rather than later?

:)

• Like 1

Never ever kiss on 1st date!!! Just me!! If i like a guy then i wait maybe after day 3 or so.

What if you tried kissing her but shes one of these girls like me that doesnt kiss on 1st date then your gonna look stupid and prob embarrased.

Wait till date 2/3 to kiss her

• Like 1
acrosstheuniverse

I'm not into kissing on the first date, for me a first date is all about meeting this person, getting to know them, working out if you like one another or not. There are sooooo many situations where one person thinks it's gone really well and likes their dating partner, and the other person isn't into it at all and doesn't want to see them again. Kissing under those circumstances is horrible, and it's really awkward and uncomfortable to have to stop somebody and tell them to their face that you're not interested and don't want to see them again. So personally I like to wait until a second date, which guarantees that you're both interested in one another enough to want to meet again, and that you both therefore are interested in kissing! I've had a couple of relationships begin where we didn't kiss until the third or fourth date.

• Like 2

I think a good night kiss is a good thing.

My husband did not kiss me on our 1st date & it left me baffled. I cried on the shoulder of one of my best guy buddies later that night because I was so convinced DH didn't like me.

learning_slowly

I would go for the kiss every time. Why waste a 2nd date on someone who is not into you? You'll judge by their reaction whether they feel the same way.

Yes and no.

I had real good first date that ended with a kiss, the couple of times it happened we ended up dating for a while.

But...

I also remember kissing someone after a 1st date as a test. I was unsure how I felt about the date so when he came for a kiss I accepted it.

I remember doing this twice. One of them the kiss felt like I was kissing a brother and it confirmed to me there was no chemistry, second guy I thought we had no chemistry and his kiss came as a surprise at the end and it blew my mind away lol, before the kiss my mind was already made up I was not going to see him again, because of that kiss I ended up dating him for 3 months.

you mean like a platonic male friend, you are not supposed to kiss your brother

Hate kissing on first dates it doesn't feel romantic at all, however I would like to hear how interested he is like "I really thought you were great can I see you again soon, how about so and so" to hear them already asking me for the next day and time is good.

Sometimes I think guys kiss on the first date in hopes by 3rd sex will be involved

never had any of the guys that turned into relationships kiss me on the first few dates but take interest in me as a person while every guy that did kiss me wanted more each date sexually and I lost interest so fast and walked away.

Its not sweet or romantic having a I just met you kiss

• Like 1

Golden rule that has worked and is stil lworking for me:

Date 1 - Hug Ending

Date 2 - Kiss Ending

Date 3 - First Make-out Session

Date 4 - First sex

Date 5 & after - whatever floats your boat

See above what im talking about why is it that sex is apart of dating now? It almost strips everything away. And takes it to a confusing level for everyone did that sex mean commitment or a fling? And then instead of getting to know each other, fall for each other you spend the rest of your dating trying to figure out what you are to each other.

Madness!!!

• Like 4
See above what im talking about why is it that sex is apart of dating now? It almost strips everything away. And takes it to a confusing level for everyone did that sex mean commitment or a fling? And then instead of getting to know each other, fall for each other you spend the rest of your dating trying to figure out what you are to each other.

Madness!!!

Easy there - first, this is just a rough guide for "how quickly can you usually go" from a guy's perspective based on my own personal experiences over the past 10 years (I'm, 28 now).

Second, of course sex is part of dating. Sex is a big part of romance and relationships per se - NOT the only part of course but it is a key factor. So, of course you'll want to bring it in at some point.

Finally, if you're attracted to each other, don't you think of having sex with the other person? I sure do and most girls I've been out with have too.

Just depends on how you look at sex. Nowadays, I'm finding that most people see it much more as fun than as a committment indicator.

Oh I feel you, I wouldn't ever want to commit to someone relationship wise before knowing I like to have sex with them but today it seems people imo men mostly, think or do sex within the first week of knowing each other and I say week because while your dates may be spread across the board over the course of a weeks the actual time you've spent with a person 1v1 is much less than a week....

How do you know you would like their friends? Family? You hardly even know each other so often you will find posts on here with had dates...had sex...but now its all crumbling...why? Because the relationship is now starting to be built on sex over falling in love.

Oh I feel you, I wouldn't ever want to commit to someone relationship wise before knowing I like to have sex with them but today it seems people imo men mostly, think or do sex within the first week of knowing each other and I say week because while your dates may be spread across the board over the course of a weeks the actual time you've spent with a person 1v1 is much less than a week....

How do you know you would like their friends? Family? You hardly even know each other so often you will find posts on here with had dates...had sex...but now its all crumbling...why? Because the relationship is now starting to be built on sex over falling in love.

Gotcha now - if people think that having sex on date 4 = strong relationship and perfect match, then they're definitely deluding themselves.

That said, I personally always de-couple sex this early from any committment-related thoughts. On date 4, I still don't know the girl too well at all. All I usually know is that I find her attractive, that I'm having a good time with her and that I'd like to have a neven better time with her in bed. If she feels the same way, we go ahead and do it.

As for whether we're a good match or not, that usually becomes clear relatively quickly anyway and is usually not directly related to the sex per se.

• Like 1

Im fine with a kiss on the first date.

Since I screen better, I only go on dates with men I really like. Ive already exchanged messages and talked to this guy on the phone. If we make it to phone conversations, I probably like him enough to want to kiss. :)

I almost always do hugs at the end of the first date, no matter how attracted I am to the guy. Not because I think there is a rule I should follow, but mostly because I'm too awkward at the end and a hug is the safe way to go. lol. But I'm not opposed to a first date kiss if I like the guy and he goes in for the kill.

There's a lot of factor into it.

I think it depends on how well you two already know each other prior to the date, how the date goes, whether or not you both want to move forward together to the next step (whatever that is for you both) AND most importantly, the girl's personality.

Some girls are aggressive and forward enough that they'll go ahead and let you know how they feel or what they're thinking with a kiss, some girls are a little more old-fashioned where they stick to the rules and never kiss on the first date to "keep the mystery going," and then there are those girls (like me) who probably will over analyze things and are too shy or hesitant to make a move so she will just wait for the guy to make a move and she'll just go along with the flow.

I don't like first date kisses from strangers. Feels like a test.... We don't know each other... So there is no real intimacy there... Plus, if all I cared about was chemistry, there are hotter and younger guys I could go after and just have sex with ASAP without any pretense.

If I am trying to develop a relationship, and the guy claims to be looking for a relationship... His credibility drops to zero if he pushes physical intimacy very soon...

I also know that subsequent dates will not be about getting to know each other... But more about when we are having sex.

Those men come across like the little kid in the backseat on a road trip... Constantly whining " are we there yet???"

10 min later... "Are we there yet"

10 min later... "Are we there yet"

... Instead of just enjoying the ride and getting to know each other.

I have dated long enough to know that women need to push through the first month or two of BS with most men to get the 'real' him. Guys who need to kiss on the first date usually don't want to be known before sex, and don't like that process.

These days I just dump guys who try to kiss me on the first date... No matter how much I liked him beforehand. Otherwise I know I am in for the little kid on a road trip experience... Boring.

Edited by RedRobin
  • Like 1