Why is she acting this way?

athleticguy95

athleticguy95

I'll try to keep this as short as possible:

Okay first off, i haven't asked her out yet because we are assigned lab partners and we still have half a semester of lab work to do. Anyway:

My Bio lab partner has suddenly started avoiding me, like I have no idea why. Things were going great, after each lab class we would both get lunch and find a nice place and sit together and talk about everything and anything. She would always look deep into my eyes while we talk and give me her undivided attention. Like there were never any awkward silences or anything. Also, he would always text me first, (eg are you going to this lecture? :) ) and stuff like that & she would also seemingly get dressed up for me.

Also, everytime after we hangout after our lab & when we part ways we always hug. She would always smile while talking to me and laugh at my jokes. But now suddenly, it's as if she's avoiding me, like if she see's me in a lecture, she won't do anything, and she skipped our last Lab class too!!! (She claimed she was sick, and told me she realllyyyy wanted to come but her mum said she had to stay at home) why is this happening?

i don't think she knows i like her, like i haven't been too upfront about it, like the only thing i do is touch her shoulder sometimes put my arm around her shoulder.(maybe that is too upfront) & she doesn't seem to mind at all!!

BTW I don't know any of her friends and she doesn't know any of mine. We're both 18, first year of college.

I like her and was probably gunna ask her out after the semester ends in June so it doesn't get awkward during lab. So what's going on? why is this happening? have i missed my shot?

Edited by athleticguy95

Hmm. Could it be maybe she likes you too and doesnt know how to tell you?

Or do you know if she was talking to another guy?

It doesnt seem that you've done anything wrong. Have you asked why shes avoiding you?

• Author
athleticguy95
Hmm. Could it be maybe she likes you too and doesnt know how to tell you?

Or do you know if she was talking to another guy?

It doesnt seem that you've done anything wrong. Have you asked why shes avoiding you?

no she wasn't talking to any other guy. In fact i havent seen her talk to any other guys at all... and no i havent. i dunno whats going on :(

Bummer. Well I cant really answer your question of why its happening but I can say that IF something is wrong / bothering her she'll talk to you when shes ready. Just dont stress on it too much you'll drive yourself crazy. When you do see / talk to her again let her know you're there for her if she needs anything :)

• Author
athleticguy95

Alright, I hope you're right about her maybe liking me! Idk I guess I just dont know what to do in this situation

Ask her?

Who knows. Maybe she is going through something with an illness. Or maybe something happened in her family. Maybe she started dating a guy and doesn't know how to draw boundaries with you to not interfere. Maybe she is hurt you never asked her out properly.

My point: just ask her. Not in a clingy desperate needy way. But a "Hey I miss my lab partner, is everything alright?" via text or something.

Make it casual. But direct. Call her "lab partner" so it doesn't come across that you were imagining some relationship that doesn't exist. Assume something is wrong with her, not with you. Give her a chance to share if she wants to.

Simple.

• Like 1
  • Author
athleticguy95

Alright, well i'm meant to see her on lab on wednesday, so i might text her like "lab partners this week? :)" or something like that. Ugh just the way she suddenly changed towards me is doing my head in :(

quidproquo89
Ask her?

Who knows. Maybe she is going through something with an illness. Or maybe something happened in her family. Maybe she started dating a guy and doesn't know how to draw boundaries with you to not interfere. Maybe she is hurt you never asked her out properly.

My point: just ask her. Not in a clingy desperate needy way. But a "Hey I miss my lab partner, is everything alright?" via text or something.

Make it casual. But direct. Call her "lab partner" so it doesn't come across that you were imagining some relationship that doesn't exist. Assume something is wrong with her, not with you. Give her a chance to share if she wants to.

Simple.

when you ask her, you got to stay cool. Try not to be too overbearing or clingy about it. Stay happy in yourself what ever happens

• Author
athleticguy95

Do you think I should ask her out? Or text her or something? Or should I wait for her to text me.... I hope that she does like me. Ive never had this problem with a girl b4 :L

I'd say text her. She'll probably not skip anymore classes unless she either wouldn't mind having her GPA lower or is really battling something? Ask her "What's going on?"