I Cheated on Him 10+ Times, but I Love Him with ALL OF MY HEART. Can I fix it? How?

em38

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years, and he even bought me an engagement ring about 6 months ago. BUT I blew it.

He knew I'd kissed someone else a few months into our relationship, but we worked through it. Recently, I told him that I'd been sleeping with other guys because he wasn't giving me enough love and affection. I know that isn't an excuse, and I should have talked it over with him.

Right now he's dating other girls, since I was the first and only he's ever been with, and he wanted to see what's out there.

I know I've hurt him SOOO much, but I've also realized how much I love him and don't want to lose him. I know I can never take back what I've done to him, but is there anything I can to to help myself change?

I love him with all of my heart, and I hate him being cold and distant to me. I would give anything in the world to have another chance with him, so suggestions are NEEDED and welcome!

Thank you everyone!!

i was seing someone for 3.5 years.

our relationship started well but it got messed up... basically i stayed with him becasue i had been with him. i thought i loved him because iw as so used to beign with him. th ebest thing that happened was me leaving him, as hard as it was adn as much as i wanted to come back i realized that the only reason i wanted to be bacl was cos i was used to it and scared of stratign somethign new with someone else.

that is not love.

you shoudl really think about if you love him and why. if you are sleepign with other people there is a problem with your relationship. you shoudl solve this before you continue any further.

10+ times? But you love him with all your heart????

That's so f***ed up it does not even warrant this reponse. Grow up first and sort your own s*** out. If you love him you will realise that he deserves better than what you can offer him.

What I think you need to do is put yourself in his shoes. Try to imagine each and every time he has felt that pain. He is very hurt and is basically trying to recover by dating other girls.

You should cut your losses and move on. Let him do the same. What you did to him is irreparable and you just have to accept that.

Its time. Good Luck

I agree with Papillon. If you supposedly loved him why would you do that to him? Sex isn't love and if you aren't getting enough sex with your partner, and it is a problem, masturbate buy a vibrator or leave the relationship instead of causing all the hurt. Or was that just an excuse for doing it?

I would ask yourself if you do love him or was he your "safety net" and now that that is gone, do you feel threatened because you could always go back to someone who WAS devoted to you?

I cheated on him 10+ times, but I love him with ALL OF MY HEART.

I´m not sure if I´m arrogant and don´t understand your situation, because I have never been in any like this, but this sounds so crappy.... This sentence is a contradiction in itself.

Yes you can fix this by fixing yourself. There are deeper issues within you and why you behaving in such bad manner.

Anyone out there cheating has usually a very low self esteem. You say you love him so much and you don't want to loose him. You already lost him. If he is a decent guy, he won't return to you. Give him enough respect to let him go and find someone that won't cheat on him.

Love..................I am sorry but I don't feel you know what love is because if you did, you love yourself enough first to not be cheating on someone.

You fix this by taking care of you. Cut your losses and forgive yourself.

Men that are being cheated on do hurt. They have feelings you know. It truly screws them up. I have zero tolerance for cheating!

You have a long journey ahead of you, I wish you the best.

Grinning Maniac

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and say that you're 20 or younger, right?

Regardless, no, you don't know what love is. The thread title says it all. Stop watching cheesy romantic flicks, reading Cosmo or whatever it is that gave you the false notion of love that you have. If you reeeeally loved someone, you wouldn't be banging other guys and hurting him. BRILLIANT!

Damn, I'm glad the girl I'm seeing isn't nuts... *sigh of relief*

If he has any self-esteem at all, he'll never talk to you again.

MAYBE if it was one guy, you could work through it. MAYBE. But 10???

If you cheated on him 10+ times, you don't love him. What you're feeling is guilt.

You sound like someone Ive dated in the past. She was a sex/love addict. You sound like you might have the same issues. Basically she just couldnt get enough male attention. If she wasnt getting enough from me (and she was getting enough, I assure you, and Im not talking about only sex). She felt the need to get more elsewhere. Even when we were together, she was always thinking of the next time she would be getting male attention. Its not just about sex, it was more about getting male attention and sex was an easy way to do it. She sounded exactly like some drug addicts I know. Anyways, I would suggest you look into some SLAA meetings (Sex/Love addicts anonymous). I would also suggest you take a break from dating to work on yourself for a while. I think theres more issues there than just the cheating.

As far as getting back with your ex, I dont think that will happen. I wasnt able to stay with the woman I was dating even after she started attending meetings. There was just too much trust broken and she had caused me too much pain to continue seeing her.

what kind of LOVE is that love that u r giving, or talking about?

if u love him, u let him go, and have his own life, and move on. cuz u wont be able to heal the wonds, by being with each other, or trying again.