Desiring to date specific people from specific areas

twinkly84

Is anyone here attracted to people from certain countries & would love to date &/or marry one from that country?

If so, where do you go to meet them?

If not online, what are some other options?

What if you're very serious too, about the relocation, how do you express it so that people don't assume you're a cheat or a flake?

For example: Say you want to meet someone from Australia, do you post ads on Australian dating sites?

Posting your interest in different countries is a good idea IF you plan to be there sometime very soon. I would say within 2-3 months. At least to be able to start some communication. Other than online, how else would you if you are not there physically?

• Like 1
  • Author
Posting your interest in different countries is a good idea IF you plan to be there sometime very soon. I would say within 2-3 months. At least to be able to start some communication. Other than online, how else would you if you are not there physically?

That's a good idea.

I just have to find sites specifically for where I'm seeking I guess.

The place I do want to meet a man from & relocate to, I have been to several times over several years.

Your profile says you are from central NJ. I would find out if there are pockets of EX-pats from your country of choice in NYC & go hang out with them. You can check Philly, Baltimore & DC too.

• Like 1

I don't know if they have these for Australia, but my city has plenty of little festivals celebrating different countries and cultures. Asia-fest, Greek-fest, LatAm-fest (and most Lat-Am countries have their own individual festivals). It might be hard to find a dating partner there as that is not what they are set up for, but it is better than nothing.

However, I think this is one area where online would be your best bet. I have heard of people in your situation who have a lot of luck on travel forums. Everyone there lists where they are from and where they are interested in traveling to or moving to. I know of several people who developed relationships on these sites and followed it up with in person relationships while on holiday.

• Like 1

While I am married, I can say that if I had the option with no families to hold me back....

then Australia, Sweden, and Germany would be higher on my list.

Funny thing is....I live in the US and should be able to find someone of the above who is living here.

So, if I were you in NJ near NY, then I would begin searching either in real life or online for someone of the country I desire. I have no doubt that near you are plenty of immigrants who are looking for a good American male to marry.

Remember that everyone from each country is not the same, and remember that a true native of the country you desire may have a completely different culture, language and lifestyle than you.

Speaking of Australian women....

Single Australian women looking for American men? | Australian Dating Sites To Meet Women & Men

When I google Australian single women dating, then I find plenty of hits for women looking for men. Start there or put out your own ad.

I wonder how a certain couple would comment on that article? A certain LS male member found a rather cute Australian woman thanks to LS not so long ago. :D

Now as for women seeking men from non-American countries...I cannot comment.

Thegreatestthing

I have a thing for polish boys and most of the boys I've dated are polish or russian etc,not only do I greatly prefer the way they look,but I love polish and Russian culture,language,history etc it's a huge passion and actually I studied both at uni,so I know only a polish or Russian person would put up with my affection for these things.ALso they are more traditional whereas most guys are more into western feminist type of thing.

It's much easier to come across them online on forums,OLD,when I do a search on OLD I search specifically for people who speak Russian or polish,you can search for country of choice,almost impossible in real life to find them they are somewhat minority.

im Australian I don't recall ever liking Australian boys though there are many wonderful ones,American guys are more interesting to talk too I've found.

I don't think it's such a good idea to say you want to live there or something like that,do you actually like their culture or the country?

Is anyone here attracted to people from certain countries & would love to date &/or marry one from that country?

What if you're very serious too, about the relocation, how do you express it so that people don't assume you're a cheat or a flake?

For example: Say you want to meet someone from Australia, do you post ads on Australian dating sites?

Absolutely no need to leave the USA to find attractive, independent, educated women I like!

Twinkly84,

Popular dating sites also have a country specific search option. I would dig a little deep to find country specific options of these sites.

• Author

Hi,

Ok, here's what's funny....I currently have an account on match.com

However, I called them to see if I could put my profile status to seeking the countries in which I would like to find a man from.

The counselor there told me I would have to create a separate account just for that specific country, meaning they, match.com would receive more money for each separate account I created according to what I want.

I did not create accounts for those countries because I feel as though, it is ridiculous and only a money-making tool for match.com

Yet, when my match.com account ends, I'm considering creating a new account but, on the country for which I seek a man from. Then, I would get the country I want but, they wouldn't get my money from numerous accounts. Hopefully, it's a win-win situation.

Is it the fact you like the accent or is the purpose of dating them so you can someday get married and move to their country?

People are people regardless of the accent.