Dating game: is it really a game?

white_angelbreath

white_angelbreath

To the guys:

What's your thoughts about this

1. What's more interesting or should I say your style "going after the girl you like or letting the girl to go after you?

2. Would you rather hunt or be hunted?

3. Do assertive girls impress you when it comes to dating?

4. What type of girl would you rather be with for a long long time, say, for all eternity/marriage?

Grinning Maniac

Weird that this topic came up. I was rambling on about it in my journal last night. I know it doesn't exactly answer your questions, but I stll thought it was appropriate.

---------------------------------------

I really hate how much of a game dating seems like sometimes. It’s complicated enough that it makes you want to break something, but at the same time, so seemingly simple that it’s regarded as a casual affair. It’s like some never-ending stream of mind games, or some sport where no one really knows the rules. In fact, are there even any set rules that you have to follow or are you just supposed to play the whole thing by ear? For example, how much calling her is too much? How little is too little? Who’s supposed to be passive and who’s supposed to be aggressive? Should it be both of us? Should it be neither of us? Do we have to play some ****ed up staring contest with our feelings to see who will give up the least amount of affection, so they can call themselves “cool & confident”? Or should you shower a person with affection so you can say you’re “romantic”? Does any of this bull**** actually mean anything?

Personally, I’m so concerned about fumbling and losing whatever girl I’m interested in, that I’m always worried, and not really enjoying the ride. Isn’t that the whole point of dating, to have fun? Shouldn’t I be happy instead of being more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs? In my particular case, the dating game is more frustrating that usual, because I have no real clue how the girl really feels about me, and directly asking seems to count as a foul. So, now it’s a game in which I don’t know the rules OR the score!

All I ever really see and understand is the ball, the goal: the girl. I see the objective, but I’m not entirely sure how to go about winning the game. I wonder if I, as the man, am the only one of us trying to play it in the first place? Are women just content to let us run around and make fools of ourselves trying to catch them, or do they have to deal with the insufferable bull**** of playing the dating game as well? I would have to imagine that in their mind, the offensive rules aren’t as strict as they are for us. But what are their defensive rules like? What do they do to keep us at bay? When and how do they know to let us make a goal? Is it a forced defeat or just something they eventually agree to?

Sometimes, I think it would be better to just watch ESPN, the nightly news, and play paper football until you die.

I would rather go after the girl, there's just something more exciting about it.

But I would also rather be hunted its just easier for me!

I am very impressed with an assertive girl, there is none of the "is she interested or not" b.s.

I would probably rather marry the girl that came after me.

Sorry for the boring answers, just wanted to voice an opinion.

• Author
white_angelbreath

Sometimes I just wonder at guys' behaviors. The guys you like doesn't notice you; while those you ignore is head over heels with you. It's weird sometimes how life turns out to be..

The ones you don't like, you usually get it without even trying.

I really like this guy but he always ignores me. Maybe now is the time to ignore him too and go my way... maybe just maybe he'll notice my absence. Absence usually makes the heart grow fonder.

Ok, I'm just testing this out if my strategy to get the guy's attention works...