He Ignored Me Today And I Don't Know Why. Did I Blow It Out Of Proportion?

stephwill

we've been dating for 2 years now. i'm 24 and he's 26.

when i woke up this morning, i texted him that i love him, which we do all the time. Today was his day off, so i called him around 11:00 am and got no answer, then i called again about 2 hours later, then again around 3 pm. i also texted him asking him what he was doing but got no reply. he called him back around 5 pm saying whats up and i asked him why he ignored me all day, and his response was that he was out and about. And he said it like an ******* too. So, i got upset and let him know that i have nothing to say to him and If the roads were reversed and i did that, he would be so pissed and not want anything to do with me. I then hung up the phone.

Did i take this situation to the extreme? Like was i right on the way i acted?

What to do in this situation?

Your boyfriend is emotionally immature, controlling, manipulative, self-centered and abusive.

Aren't you tired of being treated like dirt? Why are you with this man at all? He is not enhancing your life in any way.

Do you have anyone else in your life? like a mom? a sister? a best friend? Talk to them. Ask for their support to break up with this man.

All I can do is face palm. There are so many guys whom 'their' girls put them through crap in the initial stages of dating and torture them into just ignoring/moving on, but you won't even dump your boyfriend who doesn't talk to you.

Please dump your boyfriend? It should be easy to do, in a few weeks (if you are of moderate+ attractiveness) guys will be knocking on your door left and right.

• Like 1

You shouldn't be so clingy and needy

If he didn't answer, the heck with him ( maybe he is just bored, annoyed, busy, or having a bad day!)

Really, go enjoy your time and live your life

Don't go needy on him

Oh i love you baby, good morning baby, why don't you text me back honey, why! where are you! where are you honey I am worried! Oh, so you are ignoring me..Pick up the damn phone or I'll chop off your head

Really, this behavior suffocate the opposite sex

Give him a break and let him have his own space..

Let him miss you, let him do these things to you and not the other way around

• Like 1

Seriously? You texted, called, called, called, texted again? No response?

And this is like the 5th thread you have posted about your boyfriend ignoring you??

At what point do you realize he's a really ****ty boyfriend and just leave him?

Quit fussing over how much you're texting and calling with no response from this dude, know that this is an incredibly immature relationship (I don't even expect this kind of codependency, clingy contact, and passive aggressive behavior from high school kids) and go find better for yourself.

You need to chill out and not be so needy. He needs to be a present partner. This isn't a communication problem. This isn't differences in lifestyle, family background, or sexual compatibility. This is really truly just immature style of dating.

Both of you could do some growing as individuals and learn how to be better relationship material. Have some standards. Quit posting on LS about how many times you've called with no response. The one person that should be having this conversation with you is ignoring you. Let that be all the helpful hint you need to end it.

All I can do is face palm. There are so many guys whom 'their' girls put them through crap in the initial stages of dating and torture them into just ignoring/moving on, but you won't even dump your boyfriend who doesn't talk to you.

Please dump your boyfriend? It should be easy to do, in a few weeks (if you are of moderate+ attractiveness) guys will be knocking on your door left and right.

This so much.

I never treated my GF poorly at all, and she dumped me.

How are these guys allowed to treat their GF's like crap and get away with it?

Most likely because their girlfriends think the sun shines out of their arse and they can't do any better.

Op - I've not read any of your previous threads that I know of but your boyfriend has no respect for you at all. If a guy goes out, forgets his phone once or twice fine it happens... But often? No way!

The likelihood is he had his phone, he sat watching you calling and texting and didn't want to talk to you

Find someone who treats you better because you should have

More self respect for yourself than to play someone's puppet.

• Like 1
pickflicker

So it seems your boyfriend has a habit of doing this, so yes, it definitely sounds like you should dump him.

As for the texting/calling, do it once, then wait for them to reply. If they don't, don't chase them up.

starrynightz45

I don't think you did anything wrong AT ALL. Let's be real. In today's world, if someone doesn't get back to you soon, it's because they didn't want to. Nobody is that busy. ESPECIALLY if we're talking about an actual boyfriend.

I don't think you overreacted, I don't think you're being clingy, and I don't think you're asking for too much. Your boyfriend just seems to be nonchalant and to not care much. If he had a valid reason, that's one thing. But he didn't even seem to care to explain. You deserve better.

• Like 1
quidproquo89

when i woke up this morning, i texted him that i love him, which we do all the time. Today was his day off, so i called him around 11:00 am and got no answer, then i called again about 2 hours later, then again around 3 pm. i also texted him asking him what he was doing but got no reply. he called him back around 5 pm saying whats up and i asked him why he ignored me all day, and his response was that he was out and about. And he said it like an ******* too. So, i got upset and let him know that i have nothing to say to him and If the roads were reversed and i did that, he would be so pissed and not want anything to do with me. I then hung up the phone.

Did i take this situation to the extreme? Like was i right on the way i acted?

had he had a bad day? I can often be grouchy after a bad day at work or a situation or something. Talk to him again another day?

I also wait for a response, and try not to bombard people with phone calls/texts as it can feel pressurising. Just an idea.

I hope you can talk and sort it out :)

You didn't hear back from him for a couple hours and proceeded to blow up his phone with calls and texts throughout the day? Then you pitched a fit when he got back with you that afternoon/evening? That sounds pretty controlling on your part.

Perhaps you should break up with him. You would be doing him a favor.

Maybe the two of you have different needs with respect to communication. I wouldn't tolerate you doing that to me. I'd likely do what he did. Ignore it. If you made such a big deal about it and wanted to break up, I'd happily agree.

• Like 1

I just read your posting history and it appears you have a self admitted history of ignoring his calls as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

when i woke up i texted him that i love him, which we do all the time. It was his day off, so i called him around 11:00 am and got no answer, then i called again about 2 hours later, i also texted him asking him what he was doing but received no reply. He called back around 5 pm and i asked him why he ignored me all day, and his response was that he was out and about. He said it like an ****. So, i got upset and told him know that i have nothing to say to him and if the roads were reversed, he would be so pissed and not want anything to do with me. I then hung up the phone. I later sent him a text letting him know how i felt, but received no response. The next morning he texted me asking if I was going somewhere, but I didn't respond, which is where i think i was wrong.

He gets so upset when i don't pick up his calls. So why would he do the same to me? This is my first time actually getting this pissed because i know how upset he gets if the roads were reversed.

We haven't spoken in 12 days now and this is a pattern i'm tired of. I always try to stress to him that I want to make things better right away, but if it's his fault, he always waits it out. Maybe he thinks he's not at fault? That's what i'm really thinking

After alot of thought and conversation, i realized that i didn't take this situation to the extreme. And now i'm tired of waiting. He's all i think about.

He's also done immature things, which he knows i don't like. This past Friday, he uploaded a shirtless picture of himself on his page and i've told him that i don't like that before. I feel like now he's purposefully trying to make me jealous/get under my skin.

I feel like i'm the one always trying the hardest to make things better right away

when i woke up i texted him that i love him, which we do all the time. It was his day off, so i called him around 11:00 am and got no answer, then i called again about 2 hours later, i also texted him asking him what he was doing but received no reply. He called back around 5 pm and i asked him why he ignored me all day, and his response was that he was out and about. He said it like an ****. So, i got upset and told him know that i have nothing to say to him and if the roads were reversed, he would be so pissed and not want anything to do with me. I then hung up the phone. I later sent him a text letting him know how i felt, but received no response. The next morning he texted me asking if I was going somewhere, but I didn't respond, which is where i think i was wrong.

He gets so upset when i don't pick up his calls. So why would he do the same to me? This is my first time actually getting this pissed because i know how upset he gets if the roads were reversed.

We haven't spoken in 12 days now and this is a pattern i'm tired of. I always try to stress to him that I want to make things better right away, but if it's his fault, he always waits it out. Maybe he thinks he's not at fault? That's what i'm really thinking

After alot of thought and conversation, i realized that i didn't take this situation to the extreme. And now i'm tired of waiting. He's all i think about.

He's also done immature things, which he knows i don't like. This past Friday, he uploaded a shirtless picture of himself on his page and i've told him that i don't like that before. I feel like now he's purposefully trying to make me jealous/get under my skin.

I feel like i'm the one always trying the hardest to make things better right away

Damn... I miss that.

Even though it probably wasn't a good idea to play the ignore game right back at him, don't feel like any of this is your fault. Do not apologize just to appease. I find it really odd that he would ignore you for like 6 hours like that.

Is this a continuation of this post or something new?

Also, it's "if the roles were reversed." Roads have nothing to do with it.

• Like 1
pickflicker

My advice is going to be the same as everyone else's on here, so there's no need to spell it out.

I will say, OP, that I know all too well, how difficult it is to know what the right answer is, but you're so mired in the situation, that you don't want to face it.

Today, I took my own, vehement advice that I dole out time and time again to people who aren't being treated the way that they should.

Maybe you should too.

When my boyfriend and I argue, he ignores me instead of trying to clear things up. To me, he'd rather stay mad until he's ready to address the issues and I'd rather get yo the bottom of things immediately. It's very infuriating and I would've been pissed if I was ignored all day. I would continue to ignore him until he's ready to speak.

OP, this is the way he will always deal with such issues unless some serious intervention/modification occurs. Do you want to continue with this crap?