How to go about asking the guy I've been dating that him having pictures of his ex up

stephwill

I've been dating this guy for 2.5 years now and before me he was with his ex for 3 years. We both madly in love with each now but when i go on his page seeing pictures of her truly bothers me now, I wanted to send him a text to let him know that but do you think thats fine?

I've even deleted profile pics of my ex recently.

thoughts?

Where are these pictures? Are these, say, old Facebook pics? If so, what's the big deal? They were posted when they were taken and are now part of his history. Why should he have to erase that? :confused:

• Like 2
Where are these pictures? Are these, say, old Facebook pics? If so, what's the big deal? They were posted when they were taken and are now part of his history. Why should he have to erase that? :confused:

This. I don't personally keep pictures of my exes on my FB but some people use Facebook as their personal souvenir tracker or something.

I wouldn't make a fuss - especially if you've been together so long...

I've been dating this guy for 2.5 years now and before me he was with his ex for 3 years. We both madly in love with each now but when i go on his page seeing pictures of her truly bothers me now, I wanted to send him a text to let him know that but do you think thats fine?

I've even deleted profile pics of my ex recently.

thoughts?

Everyone differs in the way they let things bother them. So if this bothers you, I suggest you talk to him in person, NOT by txt.

If they are truly things of past then there is no reason for him to insist on keeping them especially when it bothers you so much. If he gets mad at you for it then I think it kind of raises a red flag. but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

You are going to send your boyfriend of 2.5 years a text message about something that is bothering you? :confused:

If it bothers you, please talk to him in person about it. Personally, I think you should just stop looking at pictures on his profile that are over 2.5 years old. They have no relevance to you and are frankly none of your business. Don't be surprised if he gets upset that you want him to cleanse his Facebook profile to remove all signs of his past. I know I wouldn't do it.

• Like 1

If you and he still haven't talked, telling him he needs to delete her pics will ensure you never hear from him again.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

You should ask him to take dow n the pics, tenderly and maybe with a sense of humor, so you dont seem insecure.

Sense of Humor.

My GF would say someting like : "So why do you have the pictue of you EX up, you hoping for a 3 some with her and your NEW GF"

While it's important to discuss things that bother you FACE TO FACE with your SO, I do think this is very petty. He may just block you from seeing them. Are there other reasons this is bothering you all of a sudden?

I have pictures of exes on Facebook going back years and years. Some are in other people's photos and I'm tagged in them, some are in my own albums.

I wouldn't fret about it unless you catch him longlingly looking at them or something.