A Question on Timing

Hey everyone, how's it going? Got a question on timing in regards to communication. Let me explain.

So I met this girl on Tinder (which can be hit or miss). She was the one who contacted me and is a really beautiful cool girl. Anyways, we were talking, I got her number and we proceeded to text each other. At first we texted each other for long periods of time (like over the course of 40 min-1 hour, maybe more) every few days. She was pretty responsive (sometimes incredibly quick). We went out and grabbed dinner and she seemed really interested, laughing and all. This was Wednesday. I asked her if she wanted to go hiking with me and she said she had a friend in town this weekend, but would like to next weekend. So I texted her the day after the date and said I had a great time with her, how's her day going? Took her about 2 and a half hours to respond. I responded about an hour later and after a few quick texts she said she had to go get up early. I told her I would talk to her after the weekend. Anyways, texted her last night, and it took her again almost 2 and a half hours to respond. I responded within 40 or so. Her texts this time were incredibly short but not dismissive. Just not as engaging. So a few texts after the course of a few hours, I texted her that I was going to sleep and I'd call her later in the week. Here's the question, when should I call her to figure out our hike for next Weekend. I thought Wednesday, but Im going to a basketball game and won't be able to. I thought Tuesday or Thursday then, but I'm not sure. Thoughts anyone? If we already talked about going on another date next weekend (she does want to take things slow it seems, which for her is totally fine), and we have texted periodically since our first date (although her texts have been shorter), when is it right for me to call her and talk to her about next weekend so that it shows I'm still interested but not looking desperate or bugging her and not waiting to long so that she ends up losing interest? Like has happened in the past with all guys Im sure. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

HeartbrokenNewbie

Dont call, text her instead.. I would leave it until Weds then just drop a quick "still up for the weekend?" text x

Calling is awkward especially if she isnt sure it puts her on the spot x

• Author

See thats the thing though, I've always been told/taught that when you actually are talking to a girl about a date, it's better than texting. Other things, sure text is fine, but when you're figuring that out, calling is better. But thats the thing, Wednesday is rather tough to call, so is Thursday to long of a period to wait since yesterday in order to continue showing/keeping interest?

Call her on Tuesday to firm up your plans for the weekend. Do not text her in the interim. And stop counting the minutes that it takes her to respond to your texts.

No, Tuesday is not too early for the weekend. IMO, Thursday could well be too late. Do it Tuesday. You could then text her once or twice on Thursday just to touch base.

• Author

Fair enough. Yea I mean her texts were shorter after we went out, but I'm not reading into that. She was the one who first initiated contact anyways when we started talking. All I know is I made her laugh most of the meal, so I got that going for me haha. She probably is just trying to feel it out and not be too desperate when it comes to texting.

Seems like youre acting like the woman in the relationship.

Dont text so much. Dont worry so much. Live your damn life.

She'll come around, she already told you when she'd be available, stop bothering her