Did I doom myself?

Alex1984

Recently I went out on a first date with a girl I Met online (who actually contacted me first). That date in my opinion was very good, basically 0 down time in conversation, lots of laughing and meaningful conversation. We planned the next date that same night over text and continued to talk on the phone and text like crazy for about 2 or so days after.

I definitely noticed a sudden drop in substance of the texts and pretty much I'v been texting first in order to start the convo. The second date she asked to move until next week [2 weeks have passed by then] Now there is no set date yet because of her work,school, and family which she seems honest about and she explained to me prior to the first date. But my question is, is the lack in interest in texts maybe because I have texted almost everyday and seen as to pushy? Or is she just to shy to say not interested anymore? Or am I over thinking the whole thing and lay off for a bit?

It could be anything from she's very busy, to now she thinks you're desperate, to she actually hates texting because it takes too long. Best thing to do is give her the space and see if she comes back around.

And that's all assuming you didn't send her nude photos of yourself or ask for them from her.

devilish innocent

It's probably not anything you did. Give her space. See how the next date goes. Try not to worry until then.

It's not for certain, but at this point I would start actively seeing what else is out there. Long silences and one-sided convo initiation pretty much translates to "it's over", especially for newer fragile "relationships".

I've had a lot of bad luck with this lately, and I've learned to impassively assume the worst when the symptoms show, and I'm always right so far. I don't feel anymore, I just shrug and move on now.

I am feeling a little more optimistic about this one girl I'm going to meet in person in a few days. Met her online, it's going to be the first time online dating has lead to anything more than texting for me. If I don't text her, she will text me, which is a damn lot of a difference to me lol.

Recently I went out on a first date with a girl I Met online (who actually contacted me first). That date in my opinion was very good, basically 0 down time in conversation, lots of laughing and meaningful conversation. We planned the next date that same night over text and continued to talk on the phone and text like crazy for about 2 or so days after.

I definitely noticed a sudden drop in substance of the texts and pretty much I'v been texting first in order to start the convo. The second date she asked to move until next week [2 weeks have passed by then] Now there is no set date yet because of her work,school, and family which she seems honest about and she explained to me prior to the first date. But my question is, is the lack in interest in texts maybe because I have texted almost everyday and seen as to pushy? Or is she just to shy to say not interested anymore? Or am I over thinking the whole thing and lay off for a bit?

Because she cancelled your 2nd date and didn't reschedule it indicates she is not interested as much anymore. I don't think you did anything wrong, this is how online dating is. She probably has more than one prospect and someone else became more interesting for reasons out of your control.

When you meet someone new and you feel a great connection there is nothing wrong in texting each day to touch base. Even if you feel like talking to this person all day long though try to limit it to one short convo a day to keep the curiosity and the excitement going.

As for now, let her get back to you and get back online fishing.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say...

YES

It is because you texted everyday

and YES

It is because you coming off as pushy.

Stop texting her right now. You will do nothing but push her away. When she wants to get in touch with you play it COOL. Stop trying to please people that just aren't interested as much as YOU. You have to get HER investment to match YOURS.

Yep she lost interest in you, possible reason you texted too much. Don't initiate contact all the time, let her do it sometimes.

Bottom line is that you can't text too much when the receiving party is mutually interested. That said, for whatever reason she's losing or lost interest.