Why hasn't he asked me out?!

CherryBlossom200

CherryBlossom200

Hey everyone,

I met a guy on an online App we have in the UK, he started chatting to me and found out we have a lot in common. He asked me out on the same day we started chatting, but I'm a little bit suspicious of online dating so suggested we become Facebook friends first which he was more then happy to do. Some guys think this is some kind of weird test or something, but I have nothing to hide beside I think it's a good insight into someone's life.

As soon as we became friends (only a few days ago) he sent me a message was great chatting to you, speak again soon (with a smiley face) I replied saying the same. I was a bit confused why he didn't ask me for a date then?! Anyway the next day I added a new profile pic to my page which he liked, and the following day sent me a private message asking how my week is going. It was short and sweet, so I responded with something similar.

I don't get why the guy isn't asking me out though? From what I've seen in his pics etc, he looks EXACTLY the type of guy I would go for so I'm actually really excited about potentially meeting him. He comes across as a little shy perhaps, I don't know?! Thoughts please? Is he waiting for me to ask him out on a date?!

x

He did ask you out, instead of accepting (and I don't say I blame you) you suggested becoming FB friends first. He probably took this as a sign that you aren't interested in him as anything more than friends.

I think the ball is now in your court. You are going to need to take the lead since you shot down his initial attempt.

• Like 3
  • Author
CherryBlossom200

I sent the last message to him yesterday..so should be his turn now? Also, I don't want to seem too forward?!

• Author
CherryBlossom200

I did reply to his offer with sounds good, shall we become facebook friends first? And he has shown interest every day since we became friends, but he hasn't actually asked me out again?! I don't want to send another message on top of the last one I sent? Or is this ok?

Stop over-thinking it. If you want to message him, message him. If you want to ask him out, ask him out. If he thinks you are too forward then that is that, you're obviously not a good match with him anyway so what have you lost? Nothing!

• Like 2
  • Author
CherryBlossom200

Hello PegnosePete :) Ok thanks!! I know I'm terrible for over thinking things. What would I do without you guys! Ok, I'll message him tonight! You think it's ok for me to message him though even though he hasn't replied to my last message? (though there weren't any questions in my message ha!)

• Like 1
  • Author
CherryBlossom200

He asked me out initially though, anyway I'm going to initiate contact today. Which should 'hopefully' show I am interested and not into playing games.

He asked me out initially though, anyway I'm going to initiate contact today. Which should 'hopefully' show I am interested and not into playing games.

Yup, that's all you can do. If he doesn't respond or ask, then tell him bye-bye.

Guys who are really interested and available will ask you out now w/o games.

Well what's the worst that can happen if you ask him... he says no.

And what's the worst that can happen if you don't ask him... nothing.

Good luck!

organizedchaos

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to get to know someone in real life before connecting on fb. I'd be put off by your request and maybe he saw something in your profile that put him off. I don't even think to connect with someone on social media until after we're actually dating. Last gf that took two weeks.

• Like 1

If I asked you out and you instead wanted to add me on fb, I'd assume you weren't that serious about meeting, and very likely not ask again.

Facebook is for people I'm already friends with in real life, I don't need any virtual chat buddies I'll never meet.

• Author
CherryBlossom200

Fair enough, but I'm not too bothered about it TBH and it has saved me a LOT of time. In the past, I've found out through some people's FB that they are still married, have kids (they didn't mention) or other weird stuff. So I'm glad I asked!

I don't think anything has put him off, as he has sent me follow-up messages on FB itself. But I've taken PNP's advice and sent him a message, just seeing how his day is going. Hopefully should show that I am interested.

• Like 1
  • Author
CherryBlossom200

BTW - this APP is a bit like hot or not (not sure if you have heard of it) but it's not a regular online site. Some guys use it purely just to hook up with girls and not date so it eleminates time wasters. I'm sure the guy I'm chatting to would of understood.

Fair enough, but I'm not too bothered about it TBH and it has saved me a LOT of time. In the past, I've found out through some people's FB that they are still married, have kids (they didn't mention) or other weird stuff. So I'm glad I asked!

Same. Last time made any attempt at OLD I friended the guy on facebook and I found out a whole lot of lies from his appearance to his work/lifestyle. I would definitely included it as a screen before meeting anyone.

• Author
CherryBlossom200

Agreed Emilia. I'm quite an open/honest kind of person with nothing to hide, if anything it can highlight early on if we have common interests etc. Only thing that I do need to change is I still have albums of me and my ex. Do you think I should remove them? There are quite a few from hols etc. It's all part of my past so even though I don't love him anymore, I don't feel like I want to erase those memories either as they are apart of me.

Agreed Emilia. I'm quite an open/honest kind of person with nothing to hide, if anything it can highlight early on if we have common interests etc. Only thing that I do need to change is I still have albums of me and my ex. Do you think I should remove them? There are quite a few from hols etc. It's all part of my past so even though I don't love him anymore, I don't feel like I want to erase those memories either as they are apart of me.

I restrict access to someone I don't know or barely know. Take a look at your settings.

You can yourself in circles all day and get no where. Or you can grow a pair and just ask him out. Nothing to lose and everything to gain, and you don't even have a logical reason why you don't do it.

• Like 2
  • Author
CherryBlossom200

He asked me out!!!!! I got in touch, he clearly needed a bit of encouragement from me. And now we are going on a lovely date in London which he planned, totally the kind of thing I would like to do :) so excited!!

Thanks guys!!!!

He asked you out, you kind of said yes with a condition.

He's probably just waiting for you to give the final 'ok let's go'

Why don't you just write him and say 'so, about that date?'

BTW - this APP is a bit like hot or not (not sure if you have heard of it) but it's not a regular online site. Some guys use it purely just to hook up with girls and not date so it eleminates time wasters. I'm sure the guy I'm chatting to would of understood.

Why don't you just tell him you want to get down? Why all the angst?

• Author
CherryBlossom200

He asked me out! I took your advice and sent him a message asking how his day is going and this seem to have done the job as after a few more messages he asked me out! He's planned us a really lovely date too so I'm quite excited! Though trying not to build it up too much, but so far what I've seen on Facebook looks promising!

Thanks guys :)

• Like 1