Why would a guy email me this?

Thegreatestthing

Thegreatestthing

I was involved with him at early Xmas,he is the guy who said He's my soulmate.we stopped talking maybe three weeks ago and actually I had not replied to his last message.

Anyway last night he sends me the email," I have a girlfriend now"

For some reason I cried after I read it.unsual for me I never cry,but was not sad about him.

But what is the purpose of sending me this message.

Also the other guy I was involved with,I haven't replied to his last two emails still yesterday he sent me an email telling me about an unsuccessful date he went on.again why?

Honestly, I don't know. But your post REALLY reminded me of a girl I met this summer.

I ended that courtship after only three dates. But for some damn reason, she still sends me a long text or email every month or so telling me about where she is in her life, what new internship she has now, and how well she is doing. I never reply, but she always sends that crap my way. She then always ends with her thanking me for making her into a more adventurous and better person.

I seriously don't remember anything special I did for her, but she's like a bad monkey that I can't get rid off my back.

Maybe someone else might have an answer for us.

He's just trying to get attention from you. Clearly he's not satisfied with the new interest that's why he feels the need to contact you still. I suggest ignoring the messages (don't even read them at all). He seems childish trying to provoke a reaction from you, who he obviously still miss.

• Like 1

There are plenty of weird people in the world. If they aren't people you care about then you don't have to worry about them or their motivations. Leave that to their new GF, mother or shrink!

He is looking for attention. It makes him feel better about the lack of woman he gets and being self conscious and thinks that by making you jealous that you will give him your attention. If you do not give it to him then he will continue to chase you.

Really sad and pathetic and certainly not somebody you want to involve yourself with as he clearly has issues. For the record that girlfriend he said he had was most likely non existent.

• Like 1

My ex told a friend of a friend that she was having so much without me. Just ignore. Like another poster said, validation.

• Like 1

It appears you disappeared on the Xmas guy (didn't return his last message). At the time, I bet he was open to continue the relationship. He was acting appropriately by waiting for your response and not continuing to bother you with emails. Despite the fact he still liked you, he wisely started seeing other people (still open to a relationship with you). Once he went exclusive with this other girl, he was considerate enough to notify his pending relationship partners (including you) that he was now in a committed relationship and unavailable.

It sounds like your method of ending relationships is to simply ignore the guy. That sounds immature and cowardly [edit: strike cowardly, that was a little bit too strong.], but if it works for you, more power to you. But I don't understand why you would be put off by someone who gives a clear notice when he is not interested anymore.

[edited to add: these follow up emails seem to happen to you frequently and bother you. One way to reduce them would be to send a short 'this isn't working for me' email when you are no longer interested in a guy. ]

[second edit: your op did not specify this, but if you had clearly broken up with the guy, ignore everything I said. After a clear break up, ignoring emails is fine.]

Edited by TXGuy
CherryBlossom200

Nah seems like he is trying to get a reaction from you. If I don't get a response from someone after 2-3 weeks and I start seeing someone else, I don't send a bulk message to everyone I've dated to tell them I'm now 'off the market' - I think that would be odd in itself. The only person I would do that with is someone I may have a bit of a casual/FWB relationship to make them aware it's over.

Cherry blossom. Yes, a probably agree. I was just pointing out another way to look at it. I was also pointing out that poofing (if it is being done) leaves one open to less than smooth follow up emails.

• Author
Thegreatestthing

Yea well you know, he sent me another two mails saying "how are you going,my name"

Then I didn't reply ,he sent another "my name,how are you going?"

So yea maybe he meant to upset me who knows.

todreaminblue
I was involved with him at early Xmas,he is the guy who said He's my soulmate.we stopped talking maybe three weeks ago and actually I had not replied to his last message.

Anyway last night he sends me the email," I have a girlfriend now"

For some reason I cried after I read it.unsual for me I never cry,but was not sad about him.

But what is the purpose of sending me this message.

Also the other guy I was involved with,I haven't replied to his last two emails still yesterday he sent me an email telling me about an unsuccessful date he went on.again why?

hey,

very strange message to send.......

i would have replied why did you feel the need to share that with me as we havent spoken for quite a while......males have tried to confuse me quite often......so the best way to deal with confusion is be straight up...opnly he knows the reason why and i cant even speculate why, because it isnt an average normal thing to say.......best wishes.......deb