strange behaviour

fifipheebs

why would a guy (friend) be really good about texting, then when you see him in person, he behaves aloof and acts like he can't be bothered with you when you approach him to greet?

Philosoraptor

Some people are shy or just a little awkward in person. Texting also offers little emotion so you can interpret things differently than they are meant.

• Like 1

Your question is totally generic. There is nowhere near enough information to give any kind of meaningful answer. How are we supposed to know, based on what you've written here? Why don't you ask him?

• Author
Your question is totally generic. There is nowhere near enough information to give any kind of meaningful answer. How are we supposed to know, based on what you've written here? Why don't you ask him?

The question seems obvious. Guy friend really good at texting but blanks me in person sometimes.

The question seems obvious. Guy friend really good at texting but blanks me in person sometimes.

The question may be "obvious" but with the extremely limited information you've given it is impossible for us to offer anything beyond vague speculation.

- Maybe he has a crush on you

- Maybe he finds you ugly and can't look at your face

- Maybe he had an ex that looks just like you

- Maybe he fancies your friend and doesn't know how to ask for her number

- Maybe his friend fancies you and he doesn't know how to tell you

- Maybe he saw his ex across the street

- Maybe he has social issues interacting with people

- Maybe he needs glasses and can't look at you properly

- Maybe he's acting all along and can't maintain it in person

- Maybe he just stole a purse and he's keeping an eye out for the cops

- Maybe he's an alien from another planet

See what I mean? You haven't given anywhere near enough information for us to make any kind of guess at his motivations. It could be any or all of the above. Why not ask him?

• Like 1

Can you give a little more information? For instance, what's the nature of the texting? (Flirty? Platonic) How well do you know him? Etc...

• Author
Can you give a little more information? For instance, what's the nature of the texting? (Flirty? Platonic) How well do you know him? Etc...

We really good friends. He can be very flirtatious.

He doesn't always ignore me in person. We haven't seen each other in couple weeks and we have texted to stay in touch but when we saw each other in person the other day he didn't really want to talk to me. Usually he very bubbly and excited to see me.

I am not sure if he's secretly seeing someone and can't tel me about her yet.

We really good friends. He can be very flirtatious.

He doesn't always ignore me in person. We haven't seen each other in couple weeks and we have texted to stay in touch but when we saw each other in person the other day he didn't really want to talk to me. Usually he very bubbly and excited to see me.

I am not sure if he's secretly seeing someone and can't tel me about her yet.

If you're very good friends, why don't you just come out and ask him what's up? You should be able to be honest and open with each other.

• Author
If you're very good friends, why don't you just come out and ask him what's up? You should be able to be honest and open with each other.

dont want him to think im needy

Philosoraptor
dont want him to think im needy

So you'd prefer to live in this state of wonder? Seems more therapeutic to just get your answer than to waste time and emotion worried about such things.

• Like 1