too afraid to approach a girl I like, help me :(

inlove87

hey guys, I'm 16 and have just started at a new school this week... I've changed schools 3 times over the past 4 years and am a bit shy so I've never had a girlfriend before. anyways I've got a major crush on a girl that sits next to me in one of my classes... I just don't know how to talk to her. we glance at each other a lot and she's smiled at me and I really want to approach her but I'm way too nervous :(. I've had no problem talking to girls in my other classes, but this girl makes me feel so uneasy... I start to shake inside when I try to say something to her. I'm afraid I'm going to mess up and she's going to reject me or something :(. anyone have any ideas on what I can say to her or talk to her about?

BurningBright

Ask her about a class project/ homework assignment/ joke about the teacher. lol Small talk!!! Even ask her where she got her binder. Find something to ask her about (maybe even how to get to a certain classroom in the school).. and go from there.

Usually if she is interested she'll help conversation continue. She could be just as shy as you though, so if she doesn't jump right into a great convo, give it time. Start saying Hi to her every day. Ask her how her weekend was, etc.

Another thing I have found (I bounced around a few schools too when I was younger. Making friends can be tough, and finding a special someone is even harder when you're just starting at a new school!) is try to become friends with the people she hangs around with. This way you will get more friends, plus you'll have a better chance of talking with her more. You'll find out more about her, and you can then go from there.

Don't be scared of rejection. If she rejects you, she's not worth your time, and it was never meant to be. Rejection does hurt, and there is always that chance when you start playing with lust/love, but it'll only sting for a bit, and you will ALWAYS learn from the experience.

Hope this helps.

~BurningBright :p

I am having a similar problem. I am 16 currently starting 2nd grade in a gymnasium and there is this girl (goes into the same class) I like but I just cant talk to her. We have sent couple of e-mails to each other during the holiday (happy birthday, hows your holiday going and stuff like that). Yesterday I was playing pool with some of my classmates, i invited her to join us,she said she was busy but then she stopped by for couple of minutes, but i guess it would be better if she didn't. I don't know why, but I always get really nervous and shaking I couldn't say a word. She tried to get me talking but without success. This happens always when she is nearby, my friends have noticed that and she even asked me if i am OK yesterday. What's wrong with me? This has never happened to me with other girls. After that I am always pissed on myself that I am not able to talk to her I feel like an idiot. I am a quiet person but this is insane, wont I be ever able to talk to her normally? I was thinking of asking her out, but thats like nearly impossible for me. I don't know what to do...

If you are that nervous there obviously hasn't been an established connection between you. Meaning that you don't know how she feels and haven't picked up any signs of interest so you basically don't know. If you knew how she felt through her actions then you wouldn't be nervous. In some sort of way your self - confidence isn't very high and this could also assist in you being nervous. Also the fear of rejection has a big factor in this as well. I say go for it. I mean what is the worst they can say "NO". In that case you will know and won't have to get nervous anymore.

Jai