When approached

isisisweeping

isisisweeping

Ladies, how do you react when a guy much better looking than you are approaches you? A guy approached me who is conventionally incredible looking. He is shorter than what I guess some prefer, but not short by any means. But, just conventionally gorgeous. We chatted, he invited me to go get a drink, and I went, and we've been chatting and texting since. He initiates. He is intelligent, funny, and cool based in our interactions. There's a big part of me saying, huh?

It is perhaps funny because I don't normally pay attention to looks, and have dated guys who were less conventionally attractive than I am without are really even noticing because I liked them and was attracted to them, so why should it bother me in the other direction?

BreakOnThrough

I'm not a lady, but from a lot of friends I know, dating a Guy that is more attractive than them is typically a bad thing. It creates a lot of security issues for the female, considering she will always be worried about losing the Guy to anoher Woman and jealously issues arise. Do you feel that you are jealous or insecure person? If so, I would stay clear to save yourself...

acrosstheuniverse

I see two possibilities here.

1. He just fancies you, period. I've seen countless couples who have been very differently blessed in the looks department. Sometimes we are attracted to somebody simply because we fancy them, and they can be a 3/10... other times we're not remotely attracted to a 10/10. I speak from experience. I'm probably objectively around a 7/10 and yet stereotypical 10/10 guys do absolutely NOTHING for me (I mean the typical model looks, washboard abs, works out a lot... I'm not at all attracted to that look). One of my exes was ginger, balding, and in retrospect not facially hugely conventionally handsome, but man I fancied the pants off him and stayed with him for four years. He would say he was worried when we were out people were wondering I was doing with him but I could never wrap my head around it because I was just insanely attracted to him. So don't overthink it. And don't ever let him catch whiff of the fact you think he's better looking than you.

2. I've heard the more cynical posters on here suggest that sometimes, an attractive man will go for a significantly less attractive woman because he believes he can either get what he wants from her (aka sex) easily because she'll be bowled over by his looks, or otherwise treat her bad because she'll just be grateful somebody so hot is paying her attention, and she'll take the crap to keep hold of him. I guess some guys may indeed be like this although I can't say I know of any in real life in my circles.

So I know it's hard but I bet the disparity is only in your eyes, not his. Just treat this like any other dating relationship.

• Like 1

This hasn't ever been something I've thought about.

I've never measured a man's look against my own tbh.

I'm also not enamored solely by looks and do not assume good looking means quality or that someone is better in anyway, you look how you look and that's about it. If a really good looking guy approaches me I don't immediately swoon. He gets scrutinized in the same way any other man would: do I like his vibe, do I like his approach, do I like what he's saying, does he seem like someone I'd want to spend time with? If yes, I proceed, if no, I don't.

• Like 1

I like your story as a guy because no matter what you think your looks are and in comparison to this guy you say is gorgeous thinks he likes what he sees in you is something that may not be all that uncommon in what some guys really do want. I know it may sound crazy, but sometimes you can just look at someone in the eye with a slight smile and they return the smile and eye contact and there is a subtle thing going on in your neurology, that senses something, that vibes, or feels right that, you see in the other person that feels genuine.