Did he lose all interest?

Thegreatestthing

Thegreatestthing

I know when a guy says " good luck" it's really bad.

But I don't understand I have never been so hounded by a guy as I was by this guy,for every one line email I replied to he would send multiple full page emails back.

he was constantly telling me I like you,what do you want in a guy,are you angry with me,are you interested in me etc etc.

The last exchange I hadn't replied to his email for a bit and he'd sent me five emails saying how much he loved talking to me and to please write etc,that he wanted to date and various other things,I replied I'm interested but I have to go home to Australia.

In reply to this he sent another three emails which were nice,asking if he wrote too much etc.

I replied no email was great,but That I really want to avoid all this,really.and that I was going home to Australia so I didn't see any point.

He wrote back sad face,well good luck to you,hope it all works out well

Like just the kiss of death,I don't get it,how you can lose all interest.i thought guys tried if they wanted something.

Why would he get emotionally invested in something he can't reap the benefits of?

Are you seriously wondering why he lost interest? Really? You didn't reciprocate his attention. You told him you wanted to avoid this and didn't see the point. You rejected him. What did you expect him to say?

• Like 3
  • Author
Thegreatestthing

Ok.i think I get it.

Actually I think if he truly liked me,he would have still kept trying,or tried to overcome the issues.

Edited by Thegreatestthing
Ok.i think I get it.

Actually I think if he truly liked me,he would have still kept trying,or tried to overcome the issues.

He would have if he thought you were worth the effort you required him to put in. I would say he decided your value to him was less than the effort you required. There was a point for him where you were not worth the trouble, now you know that point.

CrystalCastles
Ok.i think I get it.

I don't understand this at all. You rejected him. He's not going to keep trying, that is seriously the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You told him that you're not interested. Surprise surprise, he's not a mind-reader! He's not going to "keep trying"! He took your words at face-value, which is exactly the right thing, and now he's going to go find someone who is actually interested in him, not someone who is going to play mind-games, like you. This is utterly laughable.

He also sounds pretty clingy, "asking if he wrote too much". Ugh, he sounds insecure.

What you said would instantly kill any attraction from any guy. Rejection is an attraction-killer. Keep that in mind next time you're interested in someone.

• Like 2
  • Author
Thegreatestthing

Wrong.wrong.he met a yoga instructor just told me.

Guys usually love it when you reject them,hence the confusion.

What planet are you from ? Who likes getting rejected ? Who the hell planted this idea in your mind ?

• Author
Thegreatestthing

Romance novels.

Ok I was wrong,he just said he liked me but I wasn't interested so he moved on but he still wants me more

Ok.i think I get it.

By moving to Australia perchance?

LOL.

• Like 1

This is the exact thing that confuses men because they are expected to carry on chasing something that rejects them??!! You must have a really high opinion of yourself! Real grown up women treat men better and are CLEAR about their feelings and expectations and not expect hideous things like chasing you when you're going to another country!!!

• Like 1
organizedchaos
Wrong.wrong.he met a yoga instructor just told me.

Um, what the hell?

• Author
Thegreatestthing

I don't know what planet you're all living on.

The sage old truth - treat them mean keep them keen didn't become proverbial for nothing, and there are ten more just like it.

Anyway he said if I tell him I like him,he'll tell her he's seeing someone else.

And still I can't say it,something wrong really.

organizedchaos

The sage old truth - treat them mean keep them keen didn't become proverbial for nothing, and there are ten more just like it.

Anyway he said if I tell him I like him,he'll tell her he's seeing someone else.

You sound like quite a catch.

We don't know what planet you are living on. It's obvious that your warped mentality in how to get a man to stay interested in you has been debunked. Nobody wants to endure rejection and they certainly don't want to keep chasing someone that is showing lack luster interest.

Quit with the stupid games and grow up. You could be passing up on good quality guys because of these mind games. And no healthy relationship comes from you behaving this way. You need to change how you approach dating and just be yourself.

• Like 3

A truth that is both sage AND old? Where can I get me some of that.

Anyway, there's your answer. Go out and find the other ten just like it.

• Author
Thegreatestthing

I wasnt playing games at all really,I genuinely was just afraid.

But guys do love the chase,that's just a truth and it's been shown a trillion times by their actions.

But guys do love the chase,that's just a truth and it's been shown a trillion times by their actions.

True, but you don't know how to balance the chase and the need to reciprocate. Keep doing what you're doing. Even when it isn't working

It worked so well for you that you came to this board and create a thread wondering if he lost interest. A solid strategy if I've ever seen one...

• Author
Thegreatestthing

Again I wasn't playing a game,I was panicked about everything and went into hiding ,the chase is just the consequence of doing that.

Again I wasn't playing a game,I was panicked about everything and went into hiding ,the chase is just the consequence of doing that.

Then you have it all figured out. Not sure what advice you're looking for. Don't ask if someone is losing interest because after awhile they get tired of chasing. When two healthy people get together, there is no need to play these cat and mouse games.

• Author
Thegreatestthing

I agree the chase has to end at some point,otherwise both lose interest.

but in romantic films it always seems to go on forever.

he spent about three hours the other night trying to get me to admit I had feelings,but I couldn't do it,confess it.he was telling me his life story and it was really the most very tragic story,and I was like some sort of stony,icy ,heartless person in an attempt to protect myself from any bond forming or something,just no idea why I was like that.

I sort of lost interest now and maybe so has he.

So yes the whole buzz sort of wears off if you take too long,it's sad because the relationship had a lot of potential.

Edited by Thegreatestthing

You sound like a total bitch and honestly the guy dodged a bullet.

Maybe next time, stop playing games. This isnt a romantic movie or ****ing high school. And I guarantee you, guys don't like that **** at all, in fact they hate it when girls pull that stupid ****.