There is a girl I like, a lot.

beautifulearth83

beautifulearth83

So I was hoping to get some input. I haven't been with anybody in a long time, and right now I kinda feel like my life is on the up-and-up, so I have been putting my feelers out.

There is this girl that, that I knew when I lived on the east coast, who just-so-happened to move here to the midwest. I had a big crush on her then, and it is only bigger now.

We've talked online, Facebook, etc a little bit, and I do get the feeling that she likes me too, but I try not to fool myself either.

A couple weeks ago, she posted something that said she had an incident where her flowers were messed up on the airplane back home, so I sent her the exact same type of flowers to her work for her to receive when she returned.

She wrote me the sweetest note and explained that it meant something to her. And that's honesty why I sent them, because I knew she was the type of person who would appreciate them. But also because she's awesome and deserves them.

Anyway, I have a lot of doubts about myself when it comes to these things, and she's not the type of girl that I want to lose. One thing is that I live with my parents and she is on her own. I don't get paid enough to rent my own place at the moment, but I'm working on getting a job in my field of study, which will change that. I also don't have too many friends or go out that much. I've gotten so used to a life of reading and enjoying myself.

So, in our interactions, I've said things that were probably silly, and sometimes I'm afraid that I'll turn her off with this or that, or worry about what she's thinking, etc. etc.

But the thing is that beneath all this I know we'd be awesome together, and that I don't truly have one single doubt about her. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't know how forgiving girls are with the things I say, that I'm not sure about. One thing I've been telling myself is to never give up. I've been using her responses, or lack-there-of as a type of training for how to treat her etc.

I feel like I'm running my mouth now, but the point is that I really dig her, but I don't wanna rush things, but I don't wanna waste her time either.

Also, after I sent the flowers, she said we should get coffee sometime, and I think I got all nervous and wrote a bunch of gibberish, but I did say that I would like that. I just don't know how proactive she wants me to be about it, or if I should just sort of go with the flow and get in touch when the time seems right. She just moved here not too long ago, and she's busy at her job so I don't want to be annoying.

Any input?

swordsmen121

Hey man I think you should just give her a call...sometime in the night after her work and ask her when would she be free for coffee? Just make sure to catch up on some small talk first and than ask her when she should be free for coffee.

Honestly man try to take it as slow as possible dont rush in on her. I made that mistake so many times. Be yourself and just talk to her. Go with the flow. Sometime later a few days maybe a week later. Call her up and ask her if she wants to go to the movies or bowling or w.e with you.

You seem like a good guy man and you do remind me of myself in many ways. I wish you good luck but please just remember to take it slow.

• Like 1
  • Author
beautifulearth83
Hey man I think you should just give her a call...sometime in the night after her work and ask her when would she be free for coffee? Just make sure to catch up on some small talk first and than ask her when she should be free for coffee.

Honestly man try to take it as slow as possible dont rush in on her. I made that mistake so many times. Be yourself and just talk to her. Go with the flow. Sometime later a few days maybe a week later. Call her up and ask her if she wants to go to the movies or bowling or w.e with you.

You seem like a good guy man and you do remind me of myself in many ways. I wish you good luck but please just remember to take it slow.

These are really great suggestions. Small talk before asking, etc. Taking it slow, and leaving things be for a few days or a week. I think that's the thing is that I start to get on it every day. And I have other pursuits. So, I appreciate your input, and best of luck to you too.

• Author
beautifulearth83
She could be just as nervous and unsure as you are. :)

Actually, she sounds really sweet and you do sound like a nice person yourself. Women often like to be pursued, but there's definitely a balance between showing interest and coming on too strong. I'd say that the very fact that you're concerned about that means you probably have the right balance in mind. Try to relax and enjoy the process of getting to know her.

I also think it's great that you are considering your personal goals for your life and career. Keep it up, friend!

Not sure if you are a man of faith, but here are a couple of articles you might like: Pursue Her How should a godly man go about pursuing a godly woman?

God bless!

Very cool. And I appreciate the links! Have a great night.