Afraid to tell a girl I really like her?

kps32

Hi!

I'm 18 years old and have been in a relationship. I really like this girl at University, she's perfect, but I'm afraid of rejection. I think she might like me too, but it's hard to tell and I'm really insecure about my looks, especially as I have never had a relationship so I always put myself down saying ''If I wasn't ugly I'd of had a girlfriend by now'' and it's really affecting my confidence. Here are some random pictures of me... Mobile Uploads Photos by kps32 | Photobucket

Would I be wasting my time asking this girl, considering she's really attractive?

Also, how long should you give it before you tell a girl you like her? I have been her friend now for just under a month.

Sand Man Dan
Hi!

I'm 18 years old and have been in a relationship. I really like this girl at University, she's perfect, but I'm afraid of rejection. I think she might like me too, but it's hard to tell and I'm really insecure about my looks, especially as I have never had a relationship so I always put myself down saying ''If I wasn't ugly I'd of had a girlfriend by now'' and it's really affecting my confidence. Here are some random pictures of me... Mobile Uploads Photos by kps32 | Photobucket

Would I be wasting my time asking this girl, considering she's really attractive?

Also, how long should you give it before you tell a girl you like her? I have been her friend now for just under a month.

Don't worry about what she'll say. Worry about how you ask her. If you can confidently ask her out, and she says no, then you know it wasn't your approach. You then know you never had a chance anyways.

Just go for it! You're young and I promise, you have nothing to lose by asking her. You'll be relieved you did!

• Author
Don't worry about what she'll say. Worry about how you ask her. If you can confidently ask her out, and she says no, then you know it wasn't your approach. You then know you never had a chance anyways.

Just go for it! You're young and I promise, you have nothing to lose by asking her. You'll be relieved you did!

Great answer, thanks!

kps32, you do not need to feel insecure about yourself... PLZ READ THIS!!!

"The Game" by Neil Strauss. Its all about confidence! And dont be afraid of rejection, we all gona get it before we don't. Promise

You will never know if you don't ask much the same as you can never win the lottery if you do not buy a ticket.

As another post suggests - get your approach right and ready and make the move.

Confidence is tough - making that move will need you to push yourself into it. Some people say you should look to open convo within a few seconds if you think you want to.

Think about your approach but do not over think it and when you are ready build yourself up (you can do this!) and do it. As you approach her be ready to open (1, 2, 3 - "Hi...") - don't allow nerves to kick in.

The recommendation to read The Game is sound - although some consider the book to 'tricks of a player' it is quite the opposite if digested properly. Worth a read and may help with your current situation. No need to apply the tricks; just be yourself with the boost of confidence the book can offer!

Good luck!

Thegreatestthing

Well this guy just said to me yesterday point blank,I like you,I enjoy and love talking to you,and then listed all the reasons he liked me which I thought was pretty brave and then he asked what I thought of him and me.

Girls do like this sort of confidence very much.

But I am very attracted to him ,that's the big difference,so what he said didn't change my feelings for him,usually sometimes it can scare them off so you have to be so careful.you really have to be sure she has attraction to you and usually you know if she does,ask yourself honestly if she's on your level,but sometimes I've found myself attracted to people that weren't so you never know.

Hi!

Edited by Thegreatestthing

You are fine looks wise.

Work on confidence...

Just tell her :)

But be ready for any answer.

If she says no or friend zones u... Believe me it won't be because of your looks at least... U r kind of cute :)