Is this normal ex behavior?

embracelife

I have been dating a guy from work that broke up with his long distance gf a month ago. I looked through his cell when he was out the room for a few min ( yes i know i shouldn't have but was curious) and seen that he is still txting this ex gf every single day and night. They are gamers so they are always playing together on xbox when I am at work. He doesn’t hang out with his guy friends but chooses to play with this girl during his days off and after work. He still calls her by pet names rather than her real name. According to him, he denies there is anything between them but I’m beginning to wonder. Is this how exes act when they are broken up? I really like this guy and I try to come over his place often but he's always playing games with his ex online when I arrive!! She's in another country and I don't know how to get rid of her!

I believe there are feelings still there but not as extreme as you make it out to be. You need to remember that they were having a long distance relationship to begin with. The fact that they broke up was just a way for both of them to be free and pursue relationships with real people in their own areas. By the way, if this relationship doesn't work out please make sure the next guy you get with has been out of a relationship for a longer period of time. No offense, the fact that it has been only a month since they broke up and he is with you kinda sounds like a rebound. But hey! I'm just a random stranger who doesn't know all the details about his and your life. So I could definitely be wrong in my assumption. Honestly, you have every right to feel uncomfortable. If he spends more time with her than with you, just break it off. You shouldn't have to deal with that or compete with her.

It depends. I'm still in contact with the ex I broke up with and lived with for 6 years. We are still good friends. Oddly enough, we are gamers too. We've not been a couple for about 7 years now.

We made great gamers together, not so much in the lovers/companions department.

You are a rebound for him. If all they had was an LDR & they were linked by gams & texts, nothing has changed in their relationship. Perhaps she "cut him loose" so he could have physical contact with somebody closer to him while they carried on as before.

You can't "get rid of her". She's permanent & you are the temporary one in his life. Sorry.

• Author

Thank you for the input everyone. I had to ask him more about this ex...so he was with her for 7 and 1/2 years. She has her own company and wants to expand it to his country but hasn't yet. So since she's been working hard the last few years starting up her company and making it successful, she hasn't moved to where he is. They used to make trips every 2 wks or so to see the other. He broke it off because he wanted to find someone local. But do you think he is regretting his decision?? If he's the one that called it off, why can't he stop talking to her/hanging out with her? I don't know how to get him to forget her and move on with me.

WrinkledForehead
Thank you for the input everyone. I had to ask him more about this ex...so he was with her for 7 and 1/2 years. She has her own company and wants to expand it to his country but hasn't yet. So since she's been working hard the last few years starting up her company and making it successful, she hasn't moved to where he is. They used to make trips every 2 wks or so to see the other. He broke it off because he wanted to find someone local. But do you think he is regretting his decision?? If he's the one that called it off, why can't he stop talking to her/hanging out with her? I don't know how to get him to forget her and move on with me.

You can't make him forget her. Its something he decides and chooses for himself. What *you* get to do is decide whether you'd like to wait around for him to do so, or go out and meet someone who is more available and ready to give you their full attention.

I don't know how to get him to forget her and move on with me.

You can't. He wants her. Sorry.

The sooner you understand that, the less miserable you will be.