The lady who cuts my hair

RDawg

Soo.. recently single guy here and I need some advice:

This might be more of a fantasy really but I'm considering trying to make it a reality: For the past couple of years I have been getting my hair cut at a "barber shop" by the same woman. I have always really liked her vibe and her looks and I want to ask her out. I know she is single but I am wondering how to go about it.

Thing is the barber shop is quite intimate and I don't really want to shock her or create an awkward moment. What do you lot think of doing it like this: the next time I go for a cut I slip her a note when I pay saying: "Would you like to go for a drink some time?" and my name and number.

To me it feels a bit lame..

Or should I try to bump into her when they close up shop so I can get a private moment and ask her? This option feels a bit stalkerish..

Actually just writing this now makes me think I should just go for it, slip the invite into our conversation super casual like.. hey when last did you go down to Bang for a drink? We should go sometime.. and then give her my number when I leave..

I get nervous just thinking about it. Exciting stuff!

This might be more of a fantasy really but I'm considering trying to make it a reality: For the past couple of years I have been getting my hair cut at a "barber shop" by the same woman. I have always really liked her vibe and her looks and I want to ask her out. I know she is single but I am wondering how to go about it.

Thing is the barber shop is quite intimate and I don't really want to shock her or create an awkward moment. What do you lot think of doing it like this: the next time I go for a cut I slip her a note when I pay saying: "Would you like to go for a drink some time?" and my name and number.

Or should I try to bump into her when they close up shop so I can get a private moment and ask her? This option feels a bit stalkerish..

Actually just writing this now makes me think I should just go for it, slip the invite into our conversation super casual like.. hey when last did you go down to Bang for a drink? We should go sometime.. and then give her my number when I leave..

very stalkerish. youre putting her under pressure. she wants you as a client. if there are people everywhere, write a note and give it to her. If personally see something I want, I dont give a fluck whos around. I take it.

why are you waiting years to ask her?

slip it into teh conversation when she is nearing teh end of cutting your hair so that if she refuses its not awkward for the entire cut

slip it into teh conversation when she is nearing teh end of cutting your hair so that if she refuses its not awkward for the entire cut

haha, well of course at the end. otherwise it will be the longest 40 minute awkward feel ever.

Spiraldestroyer

Why don't you ask when she ends her shift?Then ask her out then~ Wouldn't need her to be embarrassed while she is doing other clients~

• Author

Hmm thanks guys.

@rocketman: Reason I haven't asked her yet is that I have been in a serious relationship for the past 3 years and only recently single again.

She finishes work at 17h00 so I think I will try go just before closing and be her last customer.. still nervous about asking in person though.. time to man up I guess.

If she says no thanks I might have to find a new barber to go to..

Spiraldestroyer
Hmm thanks guys.

@rocketman: Reason I haven't asked her yet is that I have been in a serious relationship for the past 3 years and only recently single again.

She finishes work at 17h00 so I think I will try go just before closing and be her last customer.. still nervous about asking in person though.. time to man up I guess.

Well,nothing ventured,nothing gained! You got nothing to lose,so don't sweat it and just go with the flow~

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

She has actually been off work for the past couple of months with a broken foot.

She is back at work this week so I just took her some flowers. She gave me a lovely smile and was very appreciative.

I will wait till I go for my next haircut before I ask her. Unfortunately she seems to have gained some weight during her convalescence...or maybe that's a positive, kinda makes her more vulnerable ;).

How important is intellectual compatibility in relationships? I'm an accountant. I wonder what we would talk about at the end of each work day once we're living together?

As a woman, I think if you slipped me a note with your number I might find it a bit weird/stalkerish and would probably not initiate contact.

I think your best bet is towards to end of your cut to ask her out for a drink. Like you mentioned, try and get your appointment towards the end of her working day when its more quiet and then take her number, make sure you have your phone handy!

Regarding intellectual conversation... just because she is a hairdresser doesn't mean anything.. maybe she is a really creative person and has always wanted to be a hairdresser, does not mean she cannot hold an intellectual conversation. You cannot judge her based on her profession! She may think you are boring if you are an accountant! (kidding)

Also... try not to get ahead of yourself and imagine yourselves living together! lol

• Like 1

I have ended up meeting my last two hairstylists out for drinks. If they are single and you ask them in a non-threatening way, the worst they can say is no! Go for it!

Yes you could end up with an interesting haircut! Have you asked her yet? You should! I need some good news today friend.

Just be careful what you say while she's holding a pair of scissors.
Untouchable_Fire
Hmm thanks guys.

Any reason you can't hit her up on facebook?

She has actually been off work for the past couple of months with a broken foot.

She is back at work this week so I just took her some flowers. She gave me a lovely smile and was very appreciative.

I will wait till I go for my next haircut before I ask her. Unfortunately she seems to have gained some weight during her convalescence...or maybe that's a positive, kinda makes her more vulnerable ;).

How important is intellectual compatibility in relationships? I'm an accountant. I wonder what we would talk about at the end of each work day once we're living together?

You haven't asked her out on a date yet you're fantasizing about living with her?! lmao

• Author

Thanks for all your replies and the suggestions.

@L700-4: sounds like you've done this before!

Ok, so no stalkerish notes and no blurting the invite out. I will be subtle and casual. Non threatening. Got it. Pay her a compliment - will do.

I will steer the conversation towards sushi, there is a great sushi place close to where she works. Everyone likes sushi, right?

She has such a nice vibe about her, friendly and genuine. I just hope she doesn't snore. I had a gf who snored once, it was terrible..