Asked out by my former boss...should I pursue?

bolase

Former boss: was one of three bosses at the company where I work; from the day I started 1.5 years ago til 6 months ago when he left for a new job.

He's 36, I'm 29, I've never known much about his private life but he is certainly single.

We met up for coffee on a work related note a month ago, then we kept bumping in to one another, he asked to buy me a drink, I accepted and we spent a few hours hanging out drinking and playing board games, kiss on the cheek to part..he is VERY laid back and I'm just confused as heck..

I've always thought he was good looking, but as he was my BOSS, and cause he's so relaxed, yet quite introverted at work I never thought about anything happening between us for more than a second, as you do when you meet someone.

Im assuming he is interested in me, but I have always respected him and held him at arms length. I don't understand how there could have been zero signals til now, but I suppose that's a very good thing and shows he respected the boundary too.

HOw do I go about this, relax and stop thinking of him as my boss?

Also, in the past year, I briefly (for 3 months) dated a guy at work. People now know about it, and I'm sure he does too. That guy was working as my former boss' assistant, so looked up to my boss, too.

While I don't think the guy I dated would be upset about me dating our former boss (he ended it with me), it makes me unsure.

Any advice welcomed.

If you want to date him, you need to stop thinking about him by his job, & start thinking about him as a man.

If you do date him, keep it out of your office. Don't talk about him at work. Don't have him pick you up there. I'm not saying hide it but don't announce it either. Be professional & discrete.