What does this mean? Need people to read and tell me.

My gf..well not really gf, i dont know how to put it, I asked her if she would be my gf about a week back, she was surprised and shocked as she was not expecting it but she said yes, and then after that she started drifting away, i put it off as she was feeling awkward as she hadnt dated for awhile.. and then it started getting obvious and i could tell something was wrong but just kept quiet...

so last night she msged me this

hey, i'm sorry for making u feel kinda miserable this past few days, but i'm really having such mixed feelings tt i really have to get away and give everything a good thought, if u do realise that i'm not e type of girl tt ure looking for , u can always change ur mind i dont wanna keep u in a relationship tt only causes u hurt also. it just isnt fair to you.

thats e whole problem, i dont really know if the current status we share is wat i really want, u get what i mean? im tellin u and thinking it thru cuz i dont wanna be more selfish as to keep u by my side with u giving so much only to realise that im not doing the same

m so sorry for doing all this, this may all seem like crap to you, but i really need to sort out my feelings, if its not too much to ask of you, i hope we can spend some time apart before deciding at the moment, but ure free to move on anytime from now if u want, i wont restrain you

and lastly.

i dont feel like im good gf material for you also, n i dont think im worth the wait, thx for understanding and giving me time, do move on if there's someone better alright? till i find my answer, u take great care.

let me highlight to you what i said to her, i said (to sum it all up) that if u were to go with me i'd never intentionally hurt you ( to give her security) and that she wouldnt find out if things would work out unless she tried hands on, also i said i'd wait for her decision no matter how long it would take and asked her to take her time and settle down before telling me her answer.

does what she said mean that she already has made her decision, that she isnt really ready to start a relationship and regrets agreeing and is trying to hint to me that she wasnt it off? because she seems like she has by the way she constantly emphasizes the fact that im able to get another girl. or am i just jumping to conclusions because i sometimes do that.

Anyone able to comment please do! Im in a rollercoaster and im so confused.

I think she politley said, "You're a nice guy, but I'm not interested at this point and time". But you know, she let you off easy. She didn't string you along which you should be happy for that!!

One thing though, I remember when my wife and I broke up, ( We weren't married yet ), just so she can gather her thoughts so to speak. I waited forever for her to come back to me. I begged and begged!!!! Sounds pitifull huh? I even moved down South for a while hoping to give up on her.....I never did.

I came back up to Missouri and started dating again. One day she came over to the apartment and saw me with my new gal. She instantly went nutts!!! She asked if we could talk alone. Well, my new gf was a little peod, but she left. That's when she finally said she wanted back in my life. There wasn't anything serious going on between my and my new gf, so I accepted and we've together since!!!! 17 years this December.

So go on, live your life. And maybe, you'll be as blessed as I was when my true soul mate came back to me.

What Moose said.

She's the kind of girl who doesn't want to hurt your feelings so she's being very vague and distant. Seen it before many a times. Nothing's gonna happen.

• Author

"tt" is a short form for the word "that"

anyway, what do you guys suggest that i do? wait for her answer( because u nv know)? or tell her that i know what she's actually trying to say and that its come to an end now and that we can still be friends.

effee,

I wouldn't contact her at all. She knows what she meant. Sure it's fine to be friends with her, but I think that'll cause more heartache for you. I'd leave things alone and get on with your life. It may be hard to forget about her....I know this from experience, but there's no sense in you waisting any more energy on it, focus on something more positive.

If it'll make you feel better, email her thanking her for letting you down easy....and that you'll be around. But don't let her know how hurt you are. Then, find you a hottie and, "Accidently" bumo into her somewhere.

Good luck!!!

Moose

• Author

Since she hasnt directly told me no, well i guess some part of me just keeps on hoping for the best...but on the other hand from what she sent me, the realistic part in me kinda knows whats coming and i'm sorta building a wall around myself to brace myself when she gives her answer.