How do I get over getting played? Need support on the terrible situation

girlywoman25

It's a long story so I'm going to keep it short and to the point. I was seeing this guy for 2 months and things were going good. He said he loved me and treated me good and he made it seem like he wanted to be in my future and he seemed so sincere about everything. Then one day my friend who he never met and vice versa said he added her on facebook, I showed her his facebook, and he said he was single and wasn't seeing any girl b/c it wasn't important to him. She showed me proof by showing me these messages and I was so hurt that I just deleted his number and off my instagram. I'm not at all going to confront him which I know I should but he probably never cared about me.

Get over by doing what you're doing. Completely go silent on this guy. Completely. Don't confront, block in him, and certainly don't respond to anything he sends.

• Like 3
Ninjainpajamas

Learn from it....that's the best thing you can do, and don't get pulled back in....don't believe the words from men's mouths, that should be the first lesson.

I honestly don't know where women learn to be so trusting of men but it's like getting on your knees and just asking for a kick in the face...men only show their true intentions in time, there's a lot of Romeo's out there trying to convince you that you're in the perfect romance, but just because you believe it and feel it doesn't mean it's true.

The reality is women at times are just far too easily romanced and they often don't even try to read between the lines...but the clues are always there because no man is a perfect liar...there's just a lot of gullible and naive women out there that want to believe in a fairytale romance.

• Author
Learn from it....that's the best thing you can do, and don't get pulled back in....don't believe the words from men's mouths, that should be the first lesson.

I honestly don't know where women learn to be so trusting of men but it's like getting on your knees and just asking for a kick in the face...men only show their true intentions in time, there's a lot of Romeo's out there trying to convince you that you're in the perfect romance, but just because you believe it and feel it doesn't mean it's true.

The reality is women at times are just far too easily romanced and they often don't even try to read between the lines...but the clues are always there because no man is a perfect liar...there's just a lot of gullible and naive women out there that want to believe in a fairytale romance.

You are right. I did have my guard up but something was telling me he was good. I feel stupid and don't know how I could of fall for it

Edited by girlywoman25
Outspokenwallflower

I was in a similar situation recently. Except it was 6 months. When his communication started to wane, I didn't want to believe it because everything was good and if anything, we were getting closer. But I found out from a friend that according to him, he was single and that the last girl he dated (me) he had completely lost interest in (ouch). Also, I googled his name and found multiple updated dating profiles.

In reality, there were clues and although it ultimately hurt, seeing his true colors were a blessing; I now know how he really is and I know I can find better. It initially stung because he didn't know that I knew his true colors, and he would say things to appear as though he cared. It proved more than ever, how manipulative he was. I just kindly told him one day that things had changed, we were looking for different things, and I wished him the best.

• Author
I was in a similar situation recently. Except it was 6 months. When his communication started to wane, I didn't want to believe it because everything was good and if anything, we were getting closer. But I found out from a friend that according to him, he was single and that the last girl he dated (me) he had completely lost interest in (ouch). Also, I googled his name and found multiple updated dating profiles.

In reality, there were clues and although it ultimately hurt, seeing his true colors were a blessing; I now know how he really is and I know I can find better. It initially stung because he didn't know that I knew his true colors, and he would say things to appear as though he cared. It proved more than ever, how manipulative he was. I just kindly told him one day that things had changed, we were looking for different things, and I wished him the best.

Oh that is ashame. I know I deserve better. It hurts so bad I can't stop looking at his page and I wonder what I did to deserve this.

purplesoccer34

I once dated a guy for about 2 months. During those two months, he was messing around with his ex-gf--physically, talking to her constantly, things like that. I found out that he wasn't completely over her while we dated.

Guys like that are not worth your time. I know it's easier said than done, but that's what you have to realize. Realize that you can do so much better, and that there are actually nice guys in this world who would do anything to make you happy.

• Author
I once dated a guy for about 2 months. During those two months, he was messing around with his ex-gf--physically, talking to her constantly, things like that. I found out that he wasn't completely over her while we dated.

Guys like that are not worth your time. I know it's easier said than done, but that's what you have to realize. Realize that you can do so much better, and that there are actually nice guys in this world who would do anything to make you happy.

I know I deserve better. I am doing alright so far and I'm not even crying. I guess that is a good sign that God someone better for me. I'm trying my hardest to move on.