The Ongoing Saga

lakerman34

So, this girl has been going on for a year. I'll try to keep this as short as possible (will still probably be long):

-We met in December

-Spoke all day for 2 months straight

-Beginning of February, she invites me to her dorm

-She's naked on top of me. Before sex, I tell her I like her and, IME, sex too early never works out. She respects this. We still make out, play around, cuddle, make out the next day.

-Three days later, I go to South Africa for 4 months

-During my trip (I left with a "we'll see what happens when you get back") she was acting flaky, going days w/o talking to me. I call her out on this.

-Beginning of March, she claims she likes talking to me, but doesn't want a relationship with me because we are not compatible and she doesn't trust me. I disagree, but respect her decision

-We don't talk for 5 months

-I'm back from South Africa, she starts Favoriting my Tweets and even gets in little debates with me on Twitter

-I go visit friends at college, go to the local bar, she's there. I go to say 'hi' to her, she acts like a complete bitch towards me

-Very next day, she messages me apologizing and saying that it was uncalled for. We beginning talking again.

-I ask her to hang out, from "I don't think so," she went to "yeah I guess" to "fine" to "let me know"

-I planned a trip to a haunted house. Day before we go, she gets a concussion. I go to the college to hang out with friends and see her. She calls me. First thing she does when I enter the room is pull out her hairpiece and spit out her gum. She JUST woke up from a nap and was chewing gum (hmmm.....)

-We talk. I'm unsure of her intentions, but I was initiating a lot of contact, both spoke with a lot of sexual innuendo. We reschedule our haunted house trip.

-A couple of days before our trip, I ask to hang out during the week (school night). She said she has an old skeleton, and I told her I do yoga, she wants to learn some yoga, I tell her I can help her out. I get there, she says that her friend who lives across the hall "heard male voices" and that it wasn't going to happen. Also, she calls me "friend," "bro," "dude," has her arms and legs crossed the entire time. I tried to initiate contact, she denied me. HOWEVER, we both opened up to each other quite a lot. She admits to having fearful-avoidant attachment disorder to me

-A day before haunted house, I tell her I'm no longer going with her because I like her and want a physical relationship with her, and "just friends" won't work with me. She understands, says she won't bother me ever again.

-I go NC for about a week, then I see an article that discussed something we spoke about. I sent it to her, we had a discourse.

-One night at 3AM, she messages me saying she's sad. Next day, I ask her why? She says she just hates everyone at school and wants out.

-Another week goes by. Then, we start talking about relationships. She admits to me that she has been "in pursuit" of the same 3 guys for 4 years, and she wishes she could stop, but she can't stop her attraction to them. She says she wishes she could decide who she was attracted to, and even hints that she'd go after me if it weren't for these 3 guys. She also tells me that she wishes they could be as "straightforward and as honest with her as I am." I pretty much ridicule her for going after dishonest guys in the most subtle of ways. She gets a little defensive.

-About 2 weeks later (last night) I tell her an extension to our discussion in the car (I explained to her how I couldn't be friends with my roommates in college anymore -- she told me she doesn't plan on keeping her best friends in college either). The conversation carries over to this morning, and we discuss silly things like stuffed animals we had when we were kids. I make sure to mention (and it fit PERFECTLY) how she should hook me up with a friend of hers. She kind of washed it away, no big deal, but it was important for me to get that in.

-I've been staying off Facebook on weekends so she doesn't know where I am or what I'm doing. At 3AM I looked at my inbox. There was a message from her. All it said was "Rahhhhh......I'm so bored."

I've been very subtly finding ways to let her know I'm dating other girls (commenting on a mutual friend's Facebook post about "this girl I dated last week....") stuff like that.

I know she likes me....even if unconsciously. We are playing this annoying game of cat and mouse where our roles are constantly changing. Some days I'm the chaser, other days, she is. Sometimes, out of the blue, I'll look at my Twitter and see "[girl's name] has Favorited your Tweet." Also, I find that some nights when she's especially drunk, she'll message me to tell me that she either had a really fun night, or she's feeling like ****. I don't play "shoulder to cry on" though. Ever.

I am VERY forward and honest with her. Always. Even if it's not what she wants to hear.

My questions - regarding that 'bored' message, should I respond to it tomorrow? How?

Is this girl worth my time, or should I just NC her for life? I find my emotional attachment to her has cut down BIG time.

One of my best friends thinks I should straight up ask her advice on a particular girl that I'm dating (made up, of course). This seems manipulative, but it seems like a very normal thing to do according to websites like AskMen.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by lakerman34

Why would anyone work this hard and waste so much time on someone who is clearly nuts?

Wait, I'll answer my own question: She's hot.