My recent experience taught me three things about dating recently.........

joystickd

As a man you need a timeline when dating or pursuing a woman. If x isn't happening in 1-2 months then you need to cut your losses and move on. She just charged you to the game. You will come across women that will drag out things as long as they can or just kind of keep you around for an ego boost.

Keep doing what works for you in dating. Don't ever fool yourself thinking "Oh she different so I got to approach this different". Some women will do the bait and switch. The things you have been doing work for you so keep doing it, Never go away from that.

Women that complain the men play games are often the biggest game players. To prevent this put them in a position where they have to give a definite yes or no answer not some "Oh I'll think about it" or "I don't know". At any given moment a person knows what they want. If they got to play games then they don't want you. Just get them in a put up or shut up position to say it. Do it in 1-2 months or you end up being an ego boost.

• Author
You chase a woman for 2-3 months before giving up??

Please define what is chasing from your perspective before I reply.

1-2 months. The situation that happened was longer because I figured she was different. We would go out to eat after work. I bought breakfast, birthday gift, valentine's day gift, and did other little things to let her know how I felt. I did all of this when I really saw that she was into me.It was one of those things were everyone that knew us saw that we really liked each other.

I absolutely hate the term CHASE. It's a sucker term and in this case I was the sucker :(

You’re not an official couple right? Did you ask her out on a date or split a check at a restaurant a few times?

She was showing an interest in you (as you perceived) and you were buying her gifts to demonstrate you’re….what? Your generosity? Your great gift buying skills? What?

What am I missing here?

1-2 months. The situation that happened was longer because I figured she was different. We would go out to eat after work. I bought breakfast, birthday gift, valentine's day gift, and did other little things to let her know how I felt. I did all of this when I really saw that she was into me.It was one of those things were everyone that knew us saw that we really liked each other.

I absolutely hate the term CHASE. It's a sucker term and in this case I was the sucker :(

• Author
You’re not an official couple right? Did you ask her out on a date or split a check at a restaurant a few times?

She was showing an interest in you (as you perceived) and you were buying her gifts to demonstrate you’re….what? Your generosity? Your great gift buying skills? What?

What am I missing here?

That I really liked her. Honestly it was a kind of new experience for me dealing with a single women. I've always been the OM.

Okay, I just read your story.

My friend, this is no way to get a woman/girl or anyone you are interested in so chalk this up to experience and learn from it. It's okay...we all had to learn the "straight talk" is the "best walk" towards success.

In my opinion, the minute you picked up on signs/signals she liked you and had it confirmed by others, the minute you could/should have asked her out on a date, beit the dinner after work you did or a lunch or some event in your community or whatever.

When you continued your work dinners (M-F), they were likely not construed as dates but more like friend meetings. Had you experienced a few after work meals and then asked her out on the weekend, something other than dinner, something fun, you would have known by her reply if she was truly into you or not.

Why on earth were you buying her gifts if you’re not even a couple???

Honestly, I’m reading this and it sounds like you had no confidence in yourself and I’m sure she thought the same…you missed your opportunity.

Let it go now and don't beat yourself up over it.

Just don’t repeat the same mistake on the next opportunity. Simply ask the girl/woman out – she may say no thank you – and she may say yes. One thing for sure, you [highlight]won’t be guessing and blaming anyone, specifically yourself, for not trying[/highlight].

Good luck!

That I really liked her. Honestly it was a kind of new experience for me dealing with a single women. I've always been the OM.
  • Author
Okay, I just read your story.

My friend, this is no way to get a woman/girl or anyone you are interested in so chalk this up to experience and learn from it. It's okay...we all had to learn the "straight talk" is the "best walk" towards success.

In my opinion, the minute you picked up on signs/signals she liked you and had it confirmed by others, the minute you could/should have asked her out on a date, beit the dinner after work you did or a lunch or some event in your community or whatever.

When you continued your work dinners (M-F), they were likely not construed as dates but more like friend meetings. Had you experienced a few after work meals and then asked her out on the weekend, something other than dinner, something fun, you would have known by her reply if she was truly into you or not.

Why on earth were you buying her gifts if you’re not even a couple???

Honestly, I’m reading this and it sounds like you had no confidence in yourself and I’m sure she thought the same…you missed your opportunity.

Let it go now and don't beat yourself up over it.

Just don’t repeat the same mistake on the next opportunity. Simply ask the girl/woman out – she may say no thank you – and she may say yes. One thing for sure, you [highlight]won’t be guessing and blaming anyone, specifically yourself, for not trying[/highlight].

Good luck!

Actually I did ask her out but it was always something. I honestly don't have the patience for single women. For some weird reason it's a whole lot easier with women already in relationships. I guess because I stated out that way. The time we actually could go out I had something going on and had to cancel. The thing was the whole time I find out she was with someone. The whole time I thought she was single. That was the thing I actually tried and it was something. I assumed the whole time she was had things going on so I left it at that. The other issue was that a lot of women at that job are interested in me and they hate her. They think she is a b*tch.

• Author

I guess it feels like a waste of time going through the process of dates with single women either you want me or you don't. I was with women that I knew were in relationships we talked for a while and it just went right to sex. Funny thing is most of the women found out and agreed that she wasted my time. She got mad at a few of the coworkers for talking to me before. It was just work related talk. I actually had some fun with one woman that has a boyfriend in a closet at work. It hurt me at first but I was able to move on.

• Author

No I don't think so. I am more confident that I use to be. I will say single women do bring some level of worry for me. I guess because they are not so straight forward about what they want. It's like I am two different people in those scenerios.

Edited by joystickd