People who jump from one relationship to another.

Gypsie

I know a few girls who do this. I have never known them to be single for more then a few months.

One girl was with someone for 10 years. He was a complete tool. She held onto him for dear life. Had seen them almost break up a few times and she almost had a melt down, like her world was over every single time.

It did not take her long to end up meeting someone a few months later and go straight into another relationship with someone more clean cut I heard.

Another girl I know was living with her ex partner and dating guys on the side, when she met her now current boyfriend, whom she is now living with.

The third one I know has 2 kids to 2 different fathers and still manages to meet someone else.

Here I am. Single for 3 years. No kids. Get told I am attractive (not fat by the way, just putting that out there lol) and have my **** together getting over looked for these type of girls. Shakes head.

Also wonder how people like this meet people so quickly?! It seems to work for them that way.

I read things saying that you should love yourself first and give yourself time to be single. Am doing that but it gets very discouraging seeing people who don't seem to be like that are more luckier in love.

Edited by Gypsie

Sometimes the people who are always partnered are always partnered because their standards are low.

I'm not even talking about looks, or money, or personality. I'm talking about people who are willing to put up with not being loved, or with being straight-up mistreated, just so they won't be alone.

Of course, other people who hop from relationship to relationship are able to do that because they're magnetic and charming and appealing, in a way that has nothing to do with looks or money or even personality. Those people are confident and radiate joy, which is immensely appealing, and which is something that can't be faked.

• Author

Yeah I was talking about this to a friend of mine about this, this morning and she said exactly the same thing about how those girls probably had low standards.

All those 3 girls I mentioned. They all had been mistreated by their exes in the past but since then they have managed to come out of those relationships and found better partners?

I don't talk to those girls anymore cause 2 of them are control freaks who can't stand being alone (plus got bagged out when I would not do what they wanted, not cool, so dumped them) (they were not just like that with guys but even when you hang out with them) the other one I just lost contact with.

I am so glad I don't need to have someone to hang out with me when I go out. I would find that so exhausting having to ring up someone to do something with every time I went out somewhere.

I do hang out with my friends when I go out but like to go out on my own as well.

It is funny how girls with that personality type still manage to find someone!

I am just wondering how they manage to find someone so fast. My ex was the same. Managed to get engaged to someone else 4 months after we broke up!

How?!

Maybe I should take tips from them on how to put myself out there more. LoL. :laugh:.

Edited by Gypsie

I have a friend that can't be alone- she's never without a bf... She has been this way since the age of 16. She goes on from relationship to the next. She's 36 now- I've never know her to be single.

If she wants to break up with someone, she seeks someone else first to fill the gap- if she gets broken up with, she lines someone else up within a week or two.

I've NEVER known her to be single for more than two weeks. Every guy she dates is "the one". But they are never the one, lol.

Going on twenty years- and she is never without a bf.

Ah yes, my husband is like this,although I didn't realise it until recently. He doesn't always have gaps between people, as his OW will know...

• Author

What ****s me is reading these things saying 'oh you need time before going into the next relationship' 'you need to love yourself first.'

But people who jump from one relationship to the next seem to do it without doing that and still end up finding what they want and coming out on top.

It just baffles me and it seems to look like it works that way regardless of what I wrote above!

Read it is not the way to find love but people are doing it and it looks like it works? Why say it does not when it does? That is the confusing part when I see how people do get together that way.

Edited by Gypsie
What ****s me is reading these things saying 'oh you need time before going into the next relationship' 'you need to love yourself first.'

But people who jump from one relationship to the next seem to do it without doing that and still end up finding what they want and coming out on top.

It just baffles me and it seems to look like it works that way regardless of what I wrote above!

Read it is not the way to find love but people are doing it and it looks like it works? Why say it does not when it does? That is the confusing part when I see how people do get together that way.

I don't envy such people at all. They are seeking something that they can't have or have come to the conclusion that they will never have, so go from one person to another. This is not healthy or desirable in my opinion. Think about it....having this NEED to go from one person to another....healthy? I say no.

The people I know that have this pattern seem to definitely have insecurities about themselves. I believe the habit of rushing from one relationship to another indicates a need for validation. Maybe they are even unaware that they chase something that they are not even able to distinguish..... such as nurturing, mutual commitment, healthy fulfillment.

Gypsie, the methods these types are using to find or start their abbreviated relationships are probably not ways that you would want to take your cues from..... just sayin'

Good Luck to you

I know a female who's good looking and during the period that I've known her (a year), she's moved from a boyfriend to another.

She started going on holidays with the new guy while she was still with her ex (but there were already problems in that relationship). After a few of these holidays, they broke up and she's now with the new guy.

I'm not sure she's insecure though she hates it when people say someone else is better looking than her. But being a looker, it's not difficult to imagine she would have men lining up to date her so it's no surprise she has boyfriends after boyfriends.

I guess what I'm trying to say is a looker goes into relationships after relationships probably because they're lookers, not so much because they have issues.

Agree?

• Like 1

I was rarely single for long. I also hadn't been overly emotionally invested in any of the relationships. I was done grieving & ready to move on before I ended the 1st relationship. The guys I dated long term were generally good guys, not perfect but better than many.

After ended a 12 year relationship, I had a new guy within a few weeks. I reconnected with somebody from high school unexpectedly

When that relationship ended I intentionally decided to be single for a while because i hadn't been on my own since college.

Some people don't function well on their own. They need to be coupled up for the sense of validation it gives them. They also may be better flirts than others. On some level it is a skill / art.

Not every serial monogamist lowers his or her standards just to avoid being alone. I know I didn't.

Some people are more relationship-oriented than others. So long as the relationships don't overlap LOL I think it's fine.

I was rarely single for long. I also hadn't been overly emotionally invested in any of the relationships. I was done grieving & ready to move on before I ended the 1st relationship. The guys I dated long term were generally good guys, not perfect but better than many.

After ended a 12 year relationship, I had a new guy within a few weeks. I reconnected with somebody from high school unexpectedly

When that relationship ended I intentionally decided to be single for a while because i hadn't been on my own since college.

Some people don't function well on their own. They need to be coupled up for the sense of validation it gives them. They also may be better flirts than others. On some level it is a skill / art.

Not every serial monogamist lowers his or her standards just to avoid being alone. I know I didn't.

Speaking of which, the female person I know has boyfriends with good jobs. I don't think she was settling to be alone even though she's not my favorite person.

I do this. I end a long-term relationship and date immediately, and go right into another one fairly soon after. I'll be honest, some of it comes from insecurity and a lower self-esteem, and wanting to be wanted. And if no one is there to want me it feels sad and lonely. I'm also an attractive/social person and highly flirtatious so meeting people isn't really hard. I would think (perhaps) it's more difficult for shy types or people in non-social jobs to meet others and do this. I also long for the things my previous relationship lacked, so if, for example, I didn't get enough hugs (or whatever) the next person who does that for me becomes an excellent source of comfort if they provide what I was missing. And I've always believed that being with someone else soon after a break-up makes it much easier to move past the old partner and hurts. And the guys are not a reflection of low standards on my part - they are amazing guys with great jobs and etc. - it's probably more stemming from low self-esteem that I do this.

I've known guys who do this. Both of my exes left me for people they were dating/talking to concurrently. I dont know if my previous ex has ever been single in the past 10 years.

Sometimes people are just desperate and will take anybody. They can find someone fast, but that person isn't quality. The girl my previous ex left for stabbed him. The girl my last ex left for is ghetto/hood.

I avoid rebound dating. I dont date to date, and I'm picky, so I mostly likely wouldn't jump from one boyfriend to another.

I have tried to do this, but it never worked for me. I guess because I just wouldn't take anybody to just to have somebody. I'm sure that's not the case all the time, but a lot of times from what Ive seen people are in the zone and just need a warm body to make them feel good.

It's difficult to go from being in a relationship to suddenly being single. It's easier for some to have a transition.