How to not get annoyed by my ex and his new gf (my friend)?

elizabeth21

We broke up in April and we were each other's first. He's 17 and I'm 18. We dated over a year and I fell for a boy when I need a MAN. I led the relationship and I think he just lost patience with me towards the end. He said he wasn't ready for a relationship and won't date in high school again. Well I guess that was a lie and he told his family I was "too clingy, high maintenance, and I didn't know how to hang in groups". And he said I never talked about what was going right. He never told me this while we were dating so how could I try to change that!! I saw him like twice a week and we barely talked. I don't think it's clingy when a girl wants to talk more than 5 texts a night and see him more than a few hours a week. We were both super busy but I went above and beyond for him. I made time. He said his time was a gift so that's why he never did nice things for me but I overlooked that. He said he was giving me his all but he didn't think it was enough for me. Idk what happened in us but we got more frustrated with each other towards the end. I should've ended it awhile ago and had may chances to, but I held on cause I liked him so much. So I got hurt in the end. :/ He's more introverted and I'm more outgoing. But I've mellowed out since we broke up lol.

His new gf is a girl who used to be my friend and she's liked him for 2 years. I could tell she did when we could go to a high school camp trip and she'd always be by him. She said she's "relaxed" and confident where I'm outgoing and flirty..She said my confidence is "fake underneath it all". She doesn't know me because we stopped talking when I noticed her flirting with my ex...I don't want to be mean but she's kind of a downgrade. She's a tad overweight and doesn't like dressing feminine too much. But hey he likes her so. He said he doesn't think he'll ever be the romantic guy I need.

What hurts is that it's this girl out of everyone and he treats her better. It hurts he got over me so fast after the break up. Some people think she's kind of a wench and full of herself. He drives out to see her and is planning on asking her out in a creative way when I had to freaking initiate our first date. It'd suck if he changed for her. Idk if his real side will show. She's never dated anyone and is 17 so many he's amazing in her eyes? I want a guy to make me feel loved and not have to beg for his attention. It sucks having someone give up on you when you didn't on them. I want a guy who I can have deep conversations with and someone to encourage me. Was I wrong to be picky with the time we had with each other? My family n friends said he was lazy and was a bad bf. I hate how everyone else thinks he's this great sweet pastor's son when I saw a different side of him. I guess if he really loved me, he would've kept going instead of saying he was tired of trying..He said he felt like he didn't need this.

We had some of the best times together and even tho I really cared for him I guess it was for the best? I miss the old us but he's jerk/stranger to me now. I miss the few sweet things he'd do for me but I gotta remember all the stress he put me through. Idk if I miss being in love or miss him. Cause I honestly have no lovey feelings for him but more of anger. I think my ego is bruised. I'm enjoying being single n focusing on getting to college and the love from my family and God. Advice?

Sounds like you nagged him to death.

Your insecurities pushed him away

And the other girl's personality is a upgrade

Maybe you really did need to mellow out a little bit.

Good luck to you in the future