Sooo boring. How should I respond? Should I even respond?

Drewx2

Long story short, I know this girl from gradeschool but I've never talked to her in person. I saw her on POF and decided to send her a message but it's been slow. I have a history of being a boring texter & I'm trying to improve but this is turning into an interview.

Me: hey stranger!...kind of. How's it going?

Her: Lol its going. I'm just at work. How are you?

Me: Pretty good. A little tired. How long do you have to work tonight?

I'm about to fall asleep, but we should go out sometime. What's your number?

Her: I am at the hospital until 7am

How's life for you?

Me: Not too bad. I graduated last may. Now i'm back in Philly. What about you?

Her: I am graduating next spring and just staying busy working full time. Where did you go to school?

I would usually say something like; "I went to penn state, how about you?"...but i'm I starting to feel very uncomfortable dishing out lame answers and questions. I already asked for her number...should I just drop it and see if she comes back to me?

Edited by Drewx2

I suck at texting too.

That being said, I would try to veer this conversation away from where it was headed. Come up with an idea to invite her to, and then set a date?

That will 1) Make your intentions known 2) Give you a reason to text, then stop texting.

Get to know her firsthand, not over text.

My 2 cents.

"Hey, I'm not the world's best texter. Why don't we meet at X place on Y day at Z time and catch up on old times?"

Done.

• Like 2

I don't think she's interested. I could be wrong but she avoided your "let's get together, give me your number" thing.

I do that when I'm not interested. Answer the other stuff and ask a question back but ignore the part of giving my number if I don't want to be mean.

You could just be more direct and try one more time if you're insure.

• Like 2
  • Author
I don't think she's interested. I could be wrong but she avoided your "let's get together, give me your number" thing.

I do that when I'm not interested. Answer the other stuff and ask a question back but ignore the part of giving my number if I don't want to be mean.

You could just be more direct and try one more time if you're insure.

that's kindof the vibe i'm getting. If she really wants to give me her number/go out with me she'll let me know. I'm going to leave it alone.

• Like 1
Long story short, I know this girl from gradeschool but I've never talked to her in person. I saw her on POF and decided to send her a message but it's been slow. I have a history of being a boring texter & I'm trying to improve but this is turning into an interview.

Me: hey stranger!...kind of. How's it going?

Her: Lol its going. I'm just at work. How are you?

Me: Pretty good. A little tired. How long do you have to work tonight?

I'm about to fall asleep, but we should go out sometime. What's your number?

Her: I am at the hospital until 7am

How's life for you?

Me: Not too bad. I graduated last may. Now i'm back in Philly. What about you?

Her: I am graduating next spring and just staying busy working full time. Where did you go to school?

I would usually say something like; "I went to penn state, how about you?"...but i'm I starting to feel very uncomfortable dishing out lame answers and questions. I already asked for her number...should I just drop it and see if she comes back to me?

You asked for her number. If she's interested in getting to know you, she will give it to you. If you do end up calling her, make her laugh. Nothing will get a girl interested faster than a guy who can make her laugh and doesn't take himself too serious.

Note for next time. Don't talk about being "tired", "sick", etc in future text interactions.

Have you been texting besides this time?

I think you left it too open by saying to get together sometime. I don\'t think you should have combined "let's get together" and "What's your number" either. Instead, make plans and then ask for her number...

Anyway, at least that is what I would do. Get her number once you "need' it. You don't need it now unless you want to talk to her on the phone. So many girls are not comfortable with talking on the phone either.

• Author
Note for next time. Don't talk about being "tired", "sick", etc in future text interactions.

I think you left it too open by saying to get together sometime. I don\'t think you should have combined "let's get together" and "What's your number" either. Instead, make plans and then ask for her number...

Anyway, at least that is what I would do. Get her number once you "need' it. You don't need it now unless you want to talk to her on the phone. So many girls are not comfortable with talking on the phone either.

I don't want to call her. I don't call anyone..i just think it helps to not have the conversations on the dating site.

Exactly. Chicks don't want to talk to someone that sounds like a bummer. They want excitement.

• Like 1
I don't want to call her. I don't call anyone..i just think it helps to not have the conversations on the dating site.

I think calling (not texting) helps to break the ice on your first meet. A short 5 minute call just to get a feel for the other person and them getting a feel for you, goes a long way.

For me, it also shows the other person is interested in getting to know me, whereas texting or very little interaction tells me they may not be that curious about me.

That's just me though.

I agree you don't want to overshare before you meet but a quick chat can do wonders for the date conversation.

Possibly she's had bad experiences from readily giving out her number in the past, and is filtering out the "fish" worthy of her number. Give up, that's fine, I suggest respecting that she doesn't hand out her number so easily.

I suggest you should be intrigued by her hesitation and keep the line of POF IM'ing open and flowing and decide if she's the kind of girl you want to date, and let her make the same decisions about you in her own time, on her own terms.