Take my breath away.

UCFKevin

Has anyone literally had their breath taken away during a kiss? Or their heart skipping a beat?

It's the kind of moment where everything in the universe seems to converge on you and who you're with at that exact moment, like everything has stopped, the fate of the earth depends on you, and you kiss the other person, and it just feels so damn right.

The kind of kiss that requires no readjustment. No awkward, "Whoa, I don't like how this person kisses..." moment. Everything's perfect. Like it's meant to be, meant to happen.

This has only happened to me twice. Once was with this one girl who's life and mine never seemed to be on the same path, there was always something off. Bad timing. Something was always happening. But there was one moment where we just said, "To hell with everything," and had a moment of passion, and we kissed, this is with like two or three years of build up, mind you, with no physical contact besides like a hug or whatever, and everything just stopped. When I was with her, it was like I was in a damn movie, saying everything so perfectly, like I have a script I'm going off of. But it wasn't meant to be.

The second was the first kiss I had with my ex after we went on our "break." It had been like two or three weeks since we'd really gone out or anything, and I took her out to dinner, it was awkward the entire time, because I just wanted the break to be over and done with, but she still needed time (feh!) but when I dropped her off at her house, we kissed, and I swear to you all that it was the single most wonderful moment of my entire life kissing her right then and there because it felt like nothing was wrong, like the previous awful three weeks never happened and that everything was right in the world again. I'm pretty sure it was only on my end, though, sadly, but boy, it was one special moment that I'll remember for the rest of time.

I just hope I experience a moment that blows those two out of the water someday.

and your mind just goes blank. not so much from shock, but because there's nothing more to think about; this is it.

yeah. that's happened to me. once. it's hard to beat being kissed by your best friend.

yeah. that's happened to me. once. it's hard to beat being kissed by your best friend.

Oh yeah.

I had this with my first (and consequently, all subsequent!) kisses with my current boyfriend. Instead of "you had me at hello," it should've been "you had me at that kiss!" I've never been so compatible kissing-wise with someone. I was never even a big kisser but I want to kiss him all the time.

Sigh.

yeah. it wasn't until he kissed me (i was in college!) that i actually liked kissing. i remember thinking when i was younger 'is this it?'.

Amazing how many people out there can't kiss for s***.

Yes! And that one thing can completely turn you off someone who you otherwise think is great and attractive.

HokeyReligions

Awe, yes--I've been there. It was like being in a pool--I couldn't feel my own body weight. It was wonderful. It wasn't my husband! LOL!

I also had an old boyfriend tell me that my kisses did that to him. :love: I'm not good at a lot of things, but I AM a good, and creative, kisser!

YellowLioness

my least favorite kisses are the REALLY sloppy ones. Like... the ones where the other person sticks his/her tongue in your mouth then tries to reach it down to your navel. The ones that make you feel like you've just had a bath from the inside out... (shudders) I was in band in HS and College, and band members are the best kissers. :-D

It takes mouth muscles (ambisure... something like that) to get a woodwind instrument to play...

those muscles make for some awesome kissing ability.

HokeyReligions
Originally posted by YellowLioness

my least favorite kisses are the REALLY sloppy ones. Like... the ones where the other person sticks his/her tongue in your mouth then tries to reach it down to your navel. The ones that make you feel like you've just had a bath from the inside out... (shudders) I was in band in HS and College, and band members are the best kissers. :-D

It takes mouth muscles (ambisure... something like that) to get a woodwind instrument to play...

those muscles make for some awesome kissing ability.

Hmm.... I used to play clarinet! Maybe that explains it! LOL :)

(I never thought about it that way!)

I'm with you on the sloppy ones! :sick::sick::sick: If I wanted 'em that wet, I'd just kiss my dog! :laugh:

Yeah definitley have been there. Me and my first..long time ago. We had broken up for the first time and like three weeks had passed and he came over to "talk" and fix things and I remember just the look when he got off of the car before the kiss. I mean just the minute our eyes locked after so long it was like ...wow.. I can't breathe. Then we talked about everything and finally when we couldn't take it anymore we were like f*ck it and we kissed and just you literally can't breathe and for that one moment the world dissappears.

You don't want to be anywhere but there and feeling that kiss.

And it hurts to pull away.

I haven't been kissed like that in a while....

It kinda reminds me in the movie the matrix.. when one of the characters said she would help him if he kissed her like he kissed his girlfriend.

That kiss was serious!

Just curious UCFKevin.. what made you think of this subject?

also YELLOWLIONESS lol I hate those slobby kissers. LOL!

It's like they are giving you a shower, getting saliva on your cheeks and stuff. WTF.

Or I really hate the "lizard" kissers.

The ones that stick there tounge in your mouth in and out and move it really fast.

I hate those.

• Author

I was watching Ocean's Eleven and there's a part that has the song "Take My Breath Away" and it just got me thinking.

HAHAHA!

YES!! In fact, I just had a kiss like that on Sunday night. It lasted for nearly five minutes (I don't think I DID breathe the entire time), and when we finally broke apart I was dizzy, and he looked stunned and mumbled something about never having kissed anyone like that before. Amazing how hot it got in that room....

Amazing how many people out there can't kiss for s***.

You can say that again!

Now that's something I do miss - kissing. When it's good, it's very very good ... sigh..

Take My Breath Away - by Berlin! Excellent tune :)