Is he sending me mixed signals?

Lolita_Sky

Here's the back story. We were hanging out/talking on the phone regularly for a whole month. We got so cool that we were hanging out twice a week. Well to cut a long story short he kept sending me mixed signals. He would drive out to see me and take me out to eat would cover the bill every time we ate out. We would some times talk on the phone for hours. We even kissed once...well twice now. lol He throws me for a loop when he one day tells me he likes this girl that he no longer wants to have feelings for. HE goes into detail about it and how he feels around her. Says he doesn't like it. He ask me for advice on how to handle it. So I am very cool about it and give him very sound advice. He was very impressed by my response.

I then later tell him that I think us kissing was a mistake. We hang out and as I'm getting out of the car he is starring at me. I'm like what, what are you looking at me like that? He responds you dont want a kiss? So we go through this awkward scene straight out of a movie. It wasn't a bad awkward it was a cute romantic type of awkward. BUT we FINALLY manage to kiss.

Is he sending me mixed signals, or does he just see me as a friend? OR does he just see me as a potential fwb he can just play around with? His behavior is confusing me.

He's stringing you along. From how you write it seems that you want something more. He wants to keep his options open. If this doesn't bother you and you like him, keep hanging out with him. But if it does, cut him off and save yourself any future heartbreak.

• Like 1
  • Author
He's stringing you along. From how you write it seems that you want something more. He wants to keep his options open. If this doesn't bother you and you like him, keep hanging out with him. But if it does, cut him off and save yourself any future heartbreak.
I did want more, but now I'm convinced more than ever that we wouldn't work out. He is literally emotionally retarded. He has a lot of growing up to do. I told this idiot last night that I had a crush on him at some point but that I had a change of heart because I felt that he wouldn't make a good boyfriend because of his actions..etc. You know what this idiot said? "I want to cuddle."

When I saw that, I laughed so freakin' hard. That right there, was confirmation for me that I made the right choice. My response to him after that was: "Lmao, see you're more of the friend you do stupid sh*t with. You don't take anything serious, so there's no way you'd be good for a relationship. I have another friend that's just like you. Cuter than I dunno what but I could never see myself being with him

Well have a good night, (his name). :)"

He replied back: "I said what I felt, good night"

I never replied after that. I'm still laughing at this now, how pathetic that was. Any way thanks for your very sound input. Much appreciated.