OLD payment ??

darkmoon

all free to join, so they say, but I have heard that you pay to meet the person, or to get their contact details

okay, pay, but how expensive (con-trick?) does it get?

any insights helpful :) thank you

It depends on the site. Some you don't have to pay anything at all. Others, you can only message or see messages if you pay. I remember Match giving a free time frame to use it...which was great...except I got messages and couldn't read the b/c I didn't pay. LOL And they are expensive, IMO, considering there are completely free ones out there.

• Like 1

Some have a three-day subscription if you are new to the site. Check out the active members (sometimes you can sort matches by last login date) and if there are several you fancy it might be worth contacting them but be sure to mention you only have a short window of opportunity. Some have a feature whereby if you are a member, nonmembers can contact you. I wish more sites would offer that.

If you subscribe for a month, mark your calendar two days before so you can cancel automatic renewal. I recently got billed again for three months, which pissed me off. They used to have a 24 hr cancellation but now it's 48 hrs. I am hoping Fate did this because Mr Right is on that website and will spot me in the next couple of months.

Edited by FitChick
  • Like 1