LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

OLD payment ??

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bentleychic
  • 1 Post By nescafe1982
  • 1 Post By FitChick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2013, 8:24 PM   #1
Established Member

OLD payment ??

all free to join, so they say, but I have heard that you pay to meet the person, or to get their contact details

okay, pay, but how expensive (con-trick?) does it get?

any insights helpful thank you
darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 8:26 PM   #2
Established Member

It depends on the site. Some you don't have to pay anything at all. Others, you can only message or see messages if you pay. I remember Match giving a free time frame to use it...which was great...except I got messages and couldn't read the b/c I didn't pay. LOL And they are expensive, IMO, considering there are completely free ones out there.
darkmoon likes this.
Old 13th September 2013, 9:41 PM   #3
Established Member

OK Cupid is free.
darkmoon likes this.
nescafe1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 12:08 AM   #4
Established Member

Some have a three-day subscription if you are new to the site. Check out the active members (sometimes you can sort matches by last login date) and if there are several you fancy it might be worth contacting them but be sure to mention you only have a short window of opportunity. Some have a feature whereby if you are a member, nonmembers can contact you. I wish more sites would offer that.

If you subscribe for a month, mark your calendar two days before so you can cancel automatic renewal. I recently got billed again for three months, which pissed me off. They used to have a 24 hr cancellation but now it's 48 hrs. I am hoping Fate did this because Mr Right is on that website and will spot me in the next couple of months.
darkmoon likes this.

Last edited by FitChick; 14th September 2013 at 12:10 AM..
FitChick is offline   Reply With Quote