How to broach the subject?

robaday

I went on a 1st date with someone the other night.....it went really well and we had sex a few times. However, it was unprotected we had both drunk a bit and the first condom I put on broke.....

Im not really at the stage of having kids after one date nor std's im normally safe.....is there a way of bringing this up without offending her?

Don't have sex with someone on the first date.

Problem solved.

But OP, you will have to bring it up candidly. You pretty much blew any shot at continuing to see this woman by having sex on the first date, but you will need to call her and find out if she's taken Plan B.

You should also go to the doc and get checked out. Regardless of what she says about her sexual history. Don't F around with that stuff.

And fer God sake, try not to have sex with anything else until you've done the above. Good luck out there; hopefully this resolves with no real fallout.

Haha wow people are negative.

Though first date sex isn't ideal

It doesn't mean someone's "easy" or a "slut"

consensual sex between two adults is fine

And relationships sometimes do happen

Though I don't plan to do this in the future

I've done it, doesn't mean I sleep with every man I've met.

Haha.

This.

It astounds me how many people are putting themselves in uncomfortable situations and stay there in fear of what the other person feels.

This is your health we are talking about. If she gets all pissy for bringing up the subject, maybe she shouldn't be having sex at all.

• Like 1
  • Author

You pretty much blew any shot at continuing to see this woman by having sex on the first date

I dont quite understand this - can you explain? to give you some context i had sex with my ex on a 1st date and we stayed together 3 years. Also remember going on five dates with a woman who wanted to take it slow and didnt have sex, and just felt she wasnt interested so moved on.....

You need to be candid with her.

Tell her exactly how you feel.

At the end of the day, it's her body and she's going to do whatever she wants. But you still have the right to voice your opinion on the matter.