WHY do I always attract OLDER MEN?

SillieBillie

I posted in here a couple of weeks ago, and in my post mentioned that I always end up dating men who are close to (if not) thirty.

I don't really mind, but it gets me wondering why?

Why do I attract so many older men? I guess there would have to be certain qualities they are attracted to?

My last 3 people I have dated were 28-30 years old. All three in a row. I don't particularly seek them out, I just get asked on dates and stuff. I of course don't accept all offers, only a few. But most men that hit on me are around 30.

Whhhhyyyy?

How old are you?

When men get to be 28-30, many of them start getting more serious about dating so they look for women who they might want to get serious with, rather than just fool around with. You probably give off a serious girlfriend vibe.

OP, as a young lady, if you're interacting with older men, and 30 really isn't that 'old' in my book, as I'm really older, you're going to attract a certain percentage of them. If you regularly interacted with single older men of my age group, you'd attract a percentage of them. That's how it works. Men, in general, like youth. Youth is generally attractive and fertile, two aspects which many men instinctively gravitate to. This may seem repulsive to you currently, and I can appreciate that, but you'll develop a different perspective as you age and gaze upon young men. The difference is, men pursue and penetrate, so we're going to be more 'out there' with attractions which you apparently feel are inappropriate and/or unwelcome. That's how the world works.

My advice would be to interact more with males of your own age if you wish to date/mate with that age group and accept that older men will likely always 'hit' on you and learn how to handle that without it becoming an issue for yourself. Enjoy your youth. Trust me. Good luck.

I posted in here a couple of weeks ago, and in my post mentioned that I always end up dating men who are close to (if not) thirty.

Why do I attract so many older men? I guess there would have to be certain qualities they are attracted to?

My last 3 people I have dated were 28-30 years old. All three in a row. I don't particularly seek them out, I just get asked on dates and stuff. I of course don't accept all offers, only a few. But most men that hit on me are around 30.

Whhhhyyyy?

Not enough info.

How old are you? What's your personality like? What do you do? What do you look like?

LOL, if the OP didn't want 30 year old men hitting on her, she just needs to stop hanging around 30 year old men.

If she is a 22 year old college graduate, I see how 30 year old men are intimidating, but when you are a young professional going to bars, the age range of eligible men you meet at bars widens from 21 - 35

I think she is just too immature to handle anyone more than a few years older than her.

The reasons you attract older men are the same as the reasons you attract younger men.

The younger men are just too scared to do anything about it.

• Like 2

Whhhhyyyy?

I am 28 in a few months I better hurry up then!

How you doing :)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Author

I'm 20, I don't hang around older men, I hang out with my group of friends I've had since highschool when we go to the bar. I don't dress up in short skirts or high heels, I don't do my make up, I don't even fix my hair.

I don't work a professional job, I work at a cafe.

EDIT: As for looks, I'm considered very attractive. I've heard it enough times.

I'm rather reserved around strangers. Yet I still get attention from older men. It's becoming a pattern.

Younger guys don't really come near me, if they do they're just trying to get laid.

I dunno, I asked you guys because I thought you might have some idea. I'm really stumped on this one.

Can I have your older men? :laugh:

You are lucky, im 35 and I love older men, only 2 guys ever I slept with were like 20 years older, Even my russian crush is much older than me lol

but again, I'm 35. Its a bit more of an issue when you are just 20. I have got a friend, who has the biggest crush on a 49 year old guy and she is just 23. I tell her that he is a gentleman because he said he wanted to wait to date until she is older. She wants him now. There are issues - he is middle age and she is just starting her life. I also dated a man when i was 24 - 25 who was and a student at the same university i was who also didnt take anything further because of the age difference and he respected me. We continued to see each other though - he loved me.

I'd say if you like some of these men then see them - but also see guys around your age too.

As a guy about to turn 30 (shudder), I don't seek out women your age but I do find that I'm often dating women 3-5 years younger than I am. Any more gets a bit un-nerving. A census showed that in marriage women tend to be 4 years younger than the guy.

My guess is that us "older" guys tend to be less intimidated and willing to approach you while younger guys either chicken out or have no game (because they're 20). If it really bugs you then start taking more initiative with guys your own age or stop accepting dates with people my age.

As a guy myself who is 27 years old. I'm reaching that age where I would like to have a family one day. And to accomplish that is to find a younger woman, and younger women are more fertile. Yes younger is attractive but it means the guy know he can have babies. Women my age can have kids but most already children of their own so they are most likely don't want to have anymore. I could do is be a step father, but I want to have children with my DNA inside them. I think that is one of the second biggest reason men go after younger women.

Because 30 year old men think 20 year old girls are hotter than 30 year old women.

No way. I find 20 year old girls juvenile and unsophisticated, even when I was in my 20s. I'm 39 now, and any women younger than 30 would be too young for me. I just can't a connection with a girl that young...I'd get bored. I have dated women in many age groups (23 - 48), and I find women in late-30s and early-40s the HOTTEST of all. They are mature, intelligent, sexy and really define what a woman at her peak is supposed to be. I seriously don't see why older men would want to date women younger than 30. It's like "WHY?"

Confusedguy81

older women are hot. I'm 32 but in my 20s I always dated older with the exception of a crazy nurse who turned me off from the 20 somethings forever. Before this last girl (who was my age), I always dated women atleast 8 years older.

No way. I find 20 year old girls juvenile and unsophisticated, even when I was in my 20s. I'm 39 now, and any women younger than 30 would be too young for me. I just can't a connection with a girl that young...I'd get bored. I have dated women in many age groups (23 - 48), and I find women in late-30s and early-40s the HOTTEST of all. They are mature, intelligent, sexy and really define what a woman at her peak is supposed to be. I seriously don't see why older men would want to date women younger than 30. It's like "WHY?"

I disagree all women in their 20's would bore you.

I have lived overseas and travelled a lot, and therefore, I have come into contact with a really wide array of people; from all walks of life.

It is why I do not have a problem finding men to date, to be honest; I am no knockout, just an average looking women.

I just get along with a lot of men, of all ages, and of all backgrounds and maturity levels.

I honesty haven't met men that found me too juvenile. Though I have ated purile and lacking of substance on here before, but in real life I am not really like that, according to those around me.

I am 26.

If you don't like older men hitting on you, then certainly don't date them or give them any opportunity whatsoever.

You don't have to be nice about it either. Their preferences have nothing to do with you.

You'll also just need to find a way to place yourself around men closer to your own age... find some interest groups, volunteer work, sports events... things like that. Avoid bars/clubs, things like that. Men of all ages use those places to find women for hookups...

Whhhhyyyy?

Because it's a fact that older guys like younger women. That's just the way it is. It's purely sexual.

For a woman to want an older guy is for maturity and stability. You're not talking about a huge age difference here. You're only talking a 2 or 3 year difference. There is no phase of life gap between someone who's 21 or 22 and a guy who's 25 or 27. I don't see why it bothers you. Unless you like dating more immature guys. I don't see why you would.

When you talk about connecting are you talking about a brief fling or a relationship? You're not suppose to have relationship with girls that young. It should be a purely short term physical thing, nothing more. 99% of the time the generation gap is too far apart to have any in common, unless the girl is way ahead of her years, which is rare.