Do you continue a date forward if things are going well?

irc333

I was wondering, when you meet someone, let's say at a restaurant for a date...and if things go well there, guys, do you say, "Hey, let's take a walk over at the park area there, walk off this food"

Or perhaps suggest the "Dance club" a couple of blocks down

Of course this spontaneous, but should men already let the woman know that he wants to do these additional things?

Bigcitydreamer

I really think it could go either way. I can see some people liking that and some people would prefer not to extend the date. Personally I can't remember a time where a FIRST date was extended. Further into dating someone that did happen. I think I'd prefer to know when and what I'm doing for the first date. I'm not normally emotionally prepared to spend 6 hours out around with a guy I have a crush on. Sounds silly I know but I'm fairly shy and a bit nervous sometimes unfortunately.

I broke up with my current bf for about 3 months. In that time I went on a date with an awesome guy. He was cute and sweet and the lead singer of a band :) we went for drinks and after 2 hours I suggested we go home. Mind you this was at night and I had to work in the morning but I don't think any guy no matter how much I liked him could have made me want to stay out late.

But at the same time I also believe that there is that situation where 2 people may prefer to extend a first date. If someone is more of a go with the flow kind of person I can see them enjoying being asked to do something else, it is sweet and does show you care!